Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add new subscriber at DR Remote Site

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Trying to install a Sub at new a DR site as an additional to our existing cluster.  System version: 11.5.1.11900-26. 

It is failing during the DB install on step 4.  I have found similar posts with exact same error below but with no concrete fix.   I pulled the logs and see this.  I found a possible bug (CSCvc83768) related to this issue but no resolve.  Looking here for any suggestions.  

020-04-07 15:13:15,401 ERROR [main] - trust directory parameter is null
2020-04-07 15:13:15,401 ERROR [main] - Directory '/usr/local/platform/.security/ipsec/trust-certs' does not exist
com.cisco.cpi.certMgmt.CertMgrException: Directory '/usr/local/platform/.security/ipsec/trust-certs' does not exist

ERROR.GIF

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Issue found.  The co location is using a Palo Alto FW.  We asked that they do a Service change from ‘Application Defaults’ to ‘Any’ on the FW.  This allowed me to get past the error to complete the install and then asked they change it back to the default.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Oruc Akpinar
Level 1
Level 1
Hi

Did you try to start the installation with a different or new IOS image? or download again this image from the cisco download page and try to start again installation.

regards.

Hello,

I have uploaded a new copy of the same ISO image and the failure occurred at the same point.  I have not tried another ISO version.  

Of course you can't just install a different version.  But if you have an earlier bootable image of the same major version you could try installing that with the option to apply an upgrade during install, to bring it up to the correct version to match the rest of the cluster.

Have you done the basic check, confirm the MD5 on the downloaded ISO compared to the figure given by Cisco, copy to your DC then copy back again and check MD5 again just to prove it's not getting corrupted in copying.

Issue found.  The co location is using a Palo Alto FW.  We asked that they do a Service change from ‘Application Defaults’ to ‘Any’ on the FW.  This allowed me to get past the error to complete the install and then asked they change it back to the default.