cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to barge into a line on CUCM 11 - No Conference Bridge

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently installed CUCM 11 in my lab for testing. Everything is working phone, but we're unable to barge into shared lines.

The message on the phone is "No Conference Bridge"

I have a Media Resource Group and the software conference bridge is added, it is registered and the MRG is assigned to the endpoints. The IP Streaming media service is enabled.

I have attached some screen shots. I've done nothing different to what I did when I deployed previous versions of Cisco UCM. I have no gateways as this is just for internal testing.

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What codec are you using?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am using G711alaw, so the software conference bridge should be more than sufficient. I do not need to use an ios or hardware bridge because I am not using g729. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, 

Correct, have you tried just barge and not cBarge?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Just barge. We do not want cbarge. We have trading turrets that we need to test that only support barge. Privacy is off. We have to switch this off and the trading turrets handle privacy locally on the endpoint. Cisco sip phone have their privacy set to off

What is the phone model and can you attach the screenshot for " remote in use" section for that softkey .thanks

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What exactly are you using there Barge or CBarge.

Please note Barge uses the built-in bridge of the target phone (the phone that is being barged) whereas CBarge uses an actual Conference bridge specified in the device pool (MRGL, MRG etc), instead of using Built in Bridge. Hence can you please make sure in case you are using Barge that BIB is On and Privacy is Off from the target phone perspective

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_01.html

Regards

Deepak

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

reinstalled CUCM 11 and everything worked out of the box like it did before with CUCM 10.5, 10, 9 and all of the others.

Hello Joe,

Sorry to bother you but I saw you post regarding the barging issue and we have the similar situation at iturret device registered as cucm endpoint - we can't share a line between devices. Could you please advice did you fix your isssue and how? Thank you in advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: