cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to BAT MGCP Port/Device/Line on VG224

Philip Denton
Level 1
Level 1

My client is running UCM 9.1 and I need to BAT in a bunch of VG224 ports. I was able to configure a gateway template for MGCP just like I did for my successful SCCP imports but now I'm trying to BAT in MGCP ports for fax and modem access but the BAT sheet isn't cooperating.  Whenever I change the radio button from SCCP to MGCP the ability to customize the BAT sheet disappears and leaves only the fields below.  Is customization of a BAT spreadsheet not possible with MGCP?  Should I just use a custom CSV of my own?  What's the most expedient way to bulk configure fax and modem devices on a VG224?

"MAC Address/Device Name
(Integer[10/64] MANDATORY)" "Description
(String [100] OPTIONAL )" "Slot
(Integer[3] MANDATORY)" "Subunit
(Integer[3] MANDATORY)" "Port Directory Number
(String[50] OPTIONAL)" "Port Number
(Integer[3] OPTIONAL)" "Port Description
(String [128] OPTIONAL )"

Thanks,

Phil

PS  Is MGCP still recommended for faxes and modems or should I just go SCCP all the way?

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

Can you please try the procedure mentioned in the following doc for VG224 and VG350

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/bulk-administration-tool/118882-config-vg-00.html

Manish

Client is running 9.1(2).  There is no "Override Existing Configuration" option when bulk importing voice gateways.  I ended up bulk importing everything (phone, fax, and modem) as SCCP.  This morning is FDoS so I will let you know how things work out...