Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Block Internal DN

I am having difficulty blocking internal Directory Numbers from a particular set of phones.

What I am trying to achieve is as follows:

- I have a set of phones with DNs 5301 - 5310

- I want to allow them to call each other, but I don't want them to receive any incoming calls, except from 5301-5310

- Outside of their group, I only want to allow them to call a specific number 7016

- I would still like Call Pickup to Work

I tried to do the above by placing the above DNs in their own partition and this takes care of the incoming side of things. I then created a dedicated CSS that only contained the partition with the above DNs.

However it would seem that I also need a Block Pattern for everything outside of 5301-5310 & 7016

Do I need to do this by creating multiple block patterns and assigning those to the Partition I created, I'm hoping there is some clever wildcard or ^ I can use.

Thanks Nick

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, is 7016 in its own partition (just that DN)???

OR are there other DNs in that partition?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I placed route pattern 7016 in the same partition that I created for the phones DN 5301-5310

But without some kind of block, CM by default lets you call other IP phones, even with a CSS set to None

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: