cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Call Numbers in the UK that have 01 after the area code

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer that uses Route Filters and the GB dial plan. BT have introduced numbers that have a 01 after the area code, for example, 01274 01XXXX. The end user has CUCM version 9.1.2.

I am hoping that the latest GB numbering Dial Plan will include this but I don't want to advise the customer unless this is the case. How do I check?

10 Replies 10

@Ayodeji Okanlawon

You were on that major thread about the GB numbering plan a few years back. Can you answer this question?

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you have a UCM in your lab, that would be a quick way to install the NP and test. If this is something that BT has introduced recently than not sure if that would be included on the NP as of yet. If that is the case, you would need to get a PER going through your Accounts team.

Hi Nipun,

thanks for your reply. Offcom implemented the change from 1st October 2014. I think I will follow your suggestion and lab it up.

Thanks, John.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, you can just look at the flat file of the IDP on cisco.com to see the patterns that are there.

The latest one is dp-ffr.3-1-35.GB. I have looked at the flat file and there is no 01274. There is 01276 in it.I have attached the flat file for you,s o you can have a look through it.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji,

many thanks, I did look at the flat file but could not see the addition so perhaps I will lab for ver 9, add the DP and test out to a gateway.

Thanks, John.

Yes in that case your best option is just to add a manual pattern and send it out your gateway. Its that simple.

Hi Ayodeji,
I did add a manual pattern but there are other towns in the UK that have had the area prefix changed so best to use the Dial Plan.
Many thanks for your responses and help.
Cheers, John.

@johnsnave1 wrote:
Hi Ayodeji,
I did add a manual pattern but there are other towns in the UK that have had the area prefix changed so best to use the Dial Plan.
Many thanks for your responses and help.
Cheers, John.

There is no point "labbing" this up. The IDP doesn't contain the pattern. What you have in the flat file is what you have in the cop file. There is no other way to route calls for these new numbers without manually defining the pattern. You should just use 0127XXXXXXXX. Are you suggesting that there are multiple of these you need to add?

Hi,

thanks. Yes, there a 4 other patterns to add. Not a problem though as I will add all 5 explicit route patterns and hope that Cisco catch up with the UK Dial Plan one day soon.

Thanks, John.

Hi Ayodeji,

would this (from the latest IDP) not do it?

# 0+1[2-9][02-9]X+XXXXXX
P: 0 NATIONAL-ACCESS
P: 1[2-9][02-9]X AREA-CODE
P: XXXXXX SUBSCRIBER
T: N
C: LONGDISTANCE
E: +,[COUNTRY-CODE],AREA-CODE,SUBSCRIBER
F: NATIONAL-ACCESS,AREA-CODE,SUBSCRIBER
S: Y

0 1 2 7 4 01XXXX
0+1[2-9][02-9]X+XXXXXX
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: