Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Change CUCM Pub Address on CUPS 7.0

kevinhobson2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a issue were when i try and change the ip address for the cucm publisher on presence i get the following error:

Error: [4004] Error validating Cisco Unified Communications Manager  Publisher Credential Information - IP Address for hostname does not  match the one entered.

The Hostname/ip address are correct and i can ping the CUCM from Presence.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks

Kev

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kev,

Could you manually change the IP address of CUCM publisher in /usr/local/platform/conf/platformConfig.xml?

Tx,

Shalu

View solution in original post

Hi Kevin,

Just to confirm, under CUPSAdmin> Presence> Presence Gateway, have you updated the CTI Manager IP address?

Did you change also the IP address of the CUPS or only CUCM so you need to update the Application Server in CUCM?

I hope it helps.

Cordially,

Jose

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kev,

Could you manually change the IP address of CUCM publisher in /usr/local/platform/conf/platformConfig.xml?

Tx,

Shalu

Shalu,

Thanks for replying.

I take it i would need root access for that?

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Just to confirm, under CUPSAdmin> Presence> Presence Gateway, have you updated the CTI Manager IP address?

Did you change also the IP address of the CUPS or only CUCM so you need to update the Application Server in CUCM?

I hope it helps.

Cordially,

Jose

Hi,

I got access and modified the ipsec host ip in the config file.

Then changed it in the web gui and it took it this time.

I did also change it in the application servers on the CUCM

Cheers

Kev

Hi Shalu,  I have experienced same issue, I am new to the CUCM, would appreciated if you can advice how to get the following file:  the /usr/local/platform/conf/platformConfig.xml  I don't see I can find the file via Admin GUI internface.  thanks. Roy

Those files are only accessible by TAC and ideally should never be edited.  If you find a way to access those files and you modify them yourself you system is no longer TAC supported so be careful.  I would advise contacting the Cisco TAC to have them take a look.  The platformConfig.xml file is correctly updated if you follow the correct IP address change procedure.  The CUPS TAC engineer should be able to idenfity which step was missed to get the platformConfig.xml file updated the correct (supported) way.

Hi Joseph,  thanks for the advice, will contact cisco then.  cheers Roy