cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to change DN on AnyConnect phone

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have several 8841 phones running 12.x firmware and connected to 11.5 CUCM via AnyConnect. These phone were configured at the corp office with a cert, VPN config and a DN on button 1. They are working pretty well as far as I can tell except for one thing. I recently tried to change the DN on a phone and doing so caused the phone registration to be rejected. I tried several different DNs and it seems like registration is rejected for any DN that is not the original DN provisioned while it was online inside the firewall at the corp office.

The 8841s in the office can change DNs at will but they are all running 11.x while all the AnyConnect phones are running 12.x. I tried several and none of the 12.x/AnyConnect phones can change DN.

So is this a 12.x bug or an AnyConnect issue? What are my options here?

Thanks,
Diego

2 Replies 2

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi again Diego,

Can you please add exact firmware version of 12.x and 11.x (non working and working firmware).

Hello Piyush,

The 88xx phones that do not allow DN changes (error: registration rejected) are running sip88xx.12-1-1SR1-4 and are connected to CUCM 11.5.1 via AnyConnect. The 88xx phones that are working normally are running sip88xx.11-7-1-17 and are inside the firewall.

Thanks,
Diego

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: