cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect Cisco IP phone 8841 through MRA using CiscoLinksys WRT54G2 router

orellanas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

When I connect my IP phone 8841 directly to cable modem (Motorola), the Phone get registered in CUCM. but when I connect the IP Phone with WRT54G2 in between, the Cisco IP phone does not get registered in CUCM.

It says "verify your service domain and internet connectivity". 

I already did a lot of changes in the Linksys router but the same issue, can some one can help me with this issue ? 

Thanks in advance, 

Orellana

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review a PRT from the device and logs from EXP-E, but that most usually means either ports are blocked or maybe something like SIP ALG is causing some issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sip Alg is enable in the firewall that is in the front of the exp-e. 

but why the phone gets registered when I plug it in the home modem? 

and then when I connect the CiscoLinksys WRT54G2 to the modem and connect the phone to the CiscoLinksys WRT54G2 the registration doesn't get completed ? 

That CiscoLinksys does not have to many options to play with, talking about option to grant full open port for testing purpose. 

Thanks for responding, 

Orellanas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: