cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect Cisco licensing server from ELM

royng
Level 1
Level 1

While I try to fulfill license from a PAK on ELM, I got below error message after entering my CCO credential.

"The attempt to connect to the Cisco licensing server failed. Check your internet connectivity and try again later."

Anyone knows what will be the issue?

What protocol and service port are used by ELM to connect Cisco licensing server?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Roy

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roy,

Came across this issue but could not resolve it.

Suggest sharing the PAK code along with generated txt file from ELM to licensing team to get the lic file.The same u can upload in ELM.

regds,

aman

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Roy and Aman,

This is because the Licensing Server in the err message ""The attempt to connect to the Cisco licensing server failed. Check your internet connectivity and try again later." is referred to the Cisco Online database @ cisco.com

In order for this to be successful, the Publisher and the PLM/ELM must be able to access Cisco.com (or Internet with 443 and 80 ports) although you are trying to do it from your workstation, still the CCM Server needs access to the cisco.com website.

Alternatively, you may use the Lic File option

HTH

Hi Wilson,

When I did this , from my PC , CUCM PUB/ELM and cisco.com was reachable.Even I could access other internet sites fom the same PC .

I tried number of times but did not succeed.

So, open ticket with licensing team to get lic file.

regds,

aman

I have had this done as recently as last month and was not an issue, I shall be doing it again with in a week and will let you know the outcome

So, from CCM Pub/PLM you were able to reach cisco.com, like able to ping cisco.com?

Regards

I am having the same issues and have been for a few months. It is really a pain. I am getting the error: The attempt to connect to the Cisco Licensing Server failed. The server might be busy or unavailable. Try again later.

Hope this gets fixed. Sure takes a lot more time to contact TAC.

Do you have DNS configured on your Call Manager?