Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Control 9951 from CUPC

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

We have CUCM and Presense server 8.0 here.

I  have a user with a CUPC client who I have just upgraded his phone from a 7961 to a 9951 phone.

He is not able to control the new phone from the CUPC client.

I have allowed CTI control from the line extension, from the device, and on the user profile.

I associated the username to the device and associated the line number to the user.

I removed the old phone (7961) from his list of controlled phones under user configuration.

I checked his windows firewall and it is allowing Client Services Framework.

I also noticed that the line at the bottom of the CUPC has the tick box that says use Deskphone.

Shouldn't it say use Cisco 9951 in this line?

Please find a copy of the problem report generated.

Any help would be much appreciated.

regards

Amanda Lalli-Cafini            

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For those phones you have to add the permission "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer/Conf" then it will work properly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For those phones you have to add the permission "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer/Conf" then it will work properly.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for that.

Please let me know where this permission "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer/Conf"  is configured at and I will add  it.

Thanks very much

Regards

Amanda

It's under the end user configuration page (User Management > End Users) find the user that is having trouble controlling the phone then at the bottom of the page you'll see a groups/permissions section.  Make sure that's added, also since it's a new phone make sure under the "Controlled Devices" the new phone has been added under the user too as a controlled device.

Hi Joe

Thank you so much.

Adding the Standard CTI Allow control of Phones supporting connected Xfer and conf group worked a treat.

regards

Amanda Lalli-Cafini

Hello Alalli,

I've open a thread about this a few weeks ago (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3728280#3728280)

I've for all users the Roles :

- Standard CTI Enabled

- Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf

Still not working.

One detail : the users where it's not working have 4 shared lines. Those with only 1 line can control through CUPC.

For information : restart of CTI Manager service solved the issue.

JC,