Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete DNs from Call Manager 4.1

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone..

We have noticed a bit of a strange issue recently with removing DNs from Call Manager 4.1(3)

I have been deleteing unused extension numbers using the Route Plan Report. However, when we check by dialling these numbers we get a busy line tone instead of the "your call cannot be completed"

So it seems that there is still some reference to the extension in the system somewhere despite it not appearing on Route Plan Report anymore.

This does not appear to be a replication issue as we can still create new extensions, set up/remove call forwardings via the Call Manager interface and direct from the phones etc..

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there anywhere on the SQL database this can be corrected ?

Not sure when this started, however DNs have been sucessfully removed completely before..

Many thanks.

Jon.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In many cases the info is still on cache and no longer in the DB, you can check the numplan table in DB to confirm they're no longer there. If they're gone i'd recommend a reboot.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, thanks for the reply..

I have had a look in the numplan table and the entries are not in there..

are there any other alternatives other than rebooting the publisher to clear the memory.. ??

Sounds a bit overtop to have to restart the server everything time you want to remove deleted entries.?!

Thanks.

jon.

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

You may want to check and see if there are other patterns esides the actual Dn that are being matched.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.. I thought the Route Plan Report would bring up any matching patterns..

Unwanted DNs and Patterns have been deleted from here and it appears that this removes them off the NumPlan table too.

As I say the weird thing is that we are getting the busy tone instead of number doesnt exist... which suggests that it still in the Call manager system so where.!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: