cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to disable Web Access with BAT tool for 7925/ 7937

kely
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to disable Web Access on all of my phones. I'm going through the bat tool/update phone/-query for each model type. So far 7942,7945,7962,7965,8831 have all worked to disable web access. However when querying for 7925 phones, and clicking submit the webpage just sites there. Same story for 7937.

I've attached the setting I'm selecting.

Has anyone else had this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suggestion: Set the Enterprise Phone Configuration "Web Access" setting to Disabled. Then check your Common Phone Profiles (hopefully you don't have too many) to make sure it is disabled at that level as well. If Web Access has been enabled manually on individual phones you'd have to do some kind of BAT query to find them, but the Enterprise Phone Configuration will catch everyone else.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I assume you already have the checkbox ticked when you're doing the BAT query. Might be a dump question, did you restart the phones right after the change.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Rath,
The change never gets submitted. I have the two check boxes for web access selected. See the attachment for the settings.
When clicking the submit button, I'm not getting an error, it just doesn't proceed.
Ken

Hi there

Seems weird and might be hitting a bug. Could you try upgrading the phone firmware and give a shot. Please let me know how it goes

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
In the picture attached, you have not selected run immediately instead you have run later, are you going to the scheduled jobs and activating them, if not can you do that, once the job runs can you verify what the status of the job is and whats being reflected on the actual phones page on CUCM.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Aeby,
The job never gets submitted to run. I click the submit button and the page doesn't change. I don't get an error, but I also don't proceed to the next page. I've already setup jobs to run later for the other phone models listed. Only the 7937 and 7925 fail to submit. I'm not sure if an additional setting is causing an issue or what. I'm not selecting anything different for the queries.
Ken

That doesn't make much sense considering you have already successfully submitted jobs for other device models, maybe you are hitting a bug in the likes of https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva07788/?rfs=iqvred , try submitting the job with the Override Common Settings unchecked and try running the job on a diff browser or alternatively use the custom file method. If you can pull BPS logs we can see the error thrown out there when you try to submit the job, also what the CUCM version?

Regards,
Aeby

Regards,
Aeby

Did you try different browser?

Tried in Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Suggestion: Set the Enterprise Phone Configuration "Web Access" setting to Disabled. Then check your Common Phone Profiles (hopefully you don't have too many) to make sure it is disabled at that level as well. If Web Access has been enabled manually on individual phones you'd have to do some kind of BAT query to find them, but the Enterprise Phone Configuration will catch everyone else.

I like this idea. I have set these parameters and will apply after hours.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: