Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to forward calls coming through SIP trunk

Hi I am using a Applianx gateway to interface a CUCM and a Nortel Meridian PBX. My issue is that I need to keep calls ringing for at-least 30 mins, if no one answers the call.Because of the RNA timer in the Line group we can only go up to 180 seconds of ringing without any call forwarding.

The calls that I'm talking about first hit a hunt pilot-->hunt list--> line group--> SIP device lines, and in order to forward the call back to these devices I have to forward them back to the same hunt pilot or I can also create another hunt pilot-->same hunt list-->same line group-->same device lines, and then forward the calls to this second hunt pilot and then within the second hunt pilot settings forward the calls to the first hunt pilot, so the call will keep on ringing until answered. This works fine for IP to IP calls(devices that are registered with CUCM) , but when trying to forward a call that is coming through the SIP trunk, the call stops ringing at 3 mins. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

I have attached the SDL real time traces and also have attached the two subscriber logs and one publisher logs, if any one would like to see. Could this be a timer that is causing the issue. In addition I have also attached the gateway logs and the SIp logs from the gateway.Please look towards the end of the traces for this issue. Please let me know if anyone could find a reason why.. Thank you very much.

192.168.10.4-Applianx gateway IP

192.168.10.7-publisher

192.168.10.9-subscriber 1

192.168.10.8-subscriber 2

2212-extension registered to Meridian PBX

404921-Huntpilot that the 2212 hits

500000-seconds hunt pilot 2212 hits

4922,4901 the lines of the IP phones that this call was receiving.

15 Replies 15

Hi Avinash,

Thanks very much for going through the messages I have attached appreciated. I did further testing on this, and the internal server error doesn't seem to appear anymore, but still drops the call at 180th seconds. 

As you point out in the sentences " The update is sent by CUCM to the Applianx to inform that the Remote Party ID is now 500000. However, Applianx seems to not be able to handle this and throws a 500 Internal Server error" " But Applianx does not like this and throws 500 Internal Server Error which is not right. They should acknowledge this message in the middle of a RINGING phase:"    , once the CUCM sent an update message to the gateway to say that the next destination is 50000 at the 120th seconds, the gateway sends a 500 Internal server error message. Now as I said before I did these tests several times and it apprears that once the CUCM sent an update message to the gateway, it has sent a 200 OK message instead of the previous internal server error message. Then the IP phone rings for another 60 seconds, and after that the gateway sends a CANCEL request to the CUCM. 

Could you please confirm by looking at my new traces if this issue is caused by the Applianx gateway or the CUCM ? I understand that by looking at your first analysis it is surely the Applianx but because when I did the tests again and again I didnt see the 500 internal server error message , and to take it from here I need to see if it is the gateway which is causing the termination. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Gayathri

Gayathri