cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install CER Subscriber

atashcraft
Level 1
Level 1

All I currently have CER Publisher up and running in my environment. I would like to get a subscriber up and running for failover. When I am installing the ISO it keeps on erroring out at the "Running Connectivity Validation" because of estimated time exceeded warning. 

I've made sure that the subscriber is listed on the publisher under: System >  Add Subscriber 

Per this document )https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/116577-technote-UC-00.html) I need to collect log files and push them to a serial port on my VM. I have created the serial port on my VM but not sure on how to push the log files to it. 

V:12.5.1.24900-28

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you confirmed the connectivity to the Publisher and the subscriber VM has proper Network config and routing to reach the Pub. 

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Yes, When the subscriber is up I can ping the CER publisher & CUCM from the CER subscriber ip address.

The connectivity validation step also includes forward and reverse DNS checks and NTP. So check that your CER Pub has good NTP and it at least stratum 3. Also check the forward and reverse DNS entries for both the pub and the sub.

Maren

I have verified that both forward & reverse DNS checks out for both my publisher & subscriber. NTP is pointing to google with a stratum of 1.