cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to install Subsriber for CUCM 10.0(1)

Ek Siong Chew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this pretty weird situation here. I tried to install a subscriber for my Publisher from another network but failed always with the error " Is the security password correct or the Publisher is offline?" something like that. But i tried installing a subscriber in the same physical server, it works. so this eliminates the possibility of security password wrong.

Also i check the firewall logs. I saw traffic going into the publisher from the installing subscriber. I can see from the logs that the subscriber is successfully connected to publisher via ssh but still cannot install.

Here are how my network setup.

Publisher -------- Core Switch 1 ------- Firewall ------- Core Switch 2 --------  Subscriber

Building A                                         Metro Wan                                           Building B

Network A                                                                                                     Network B

10.10.x.x                                                                                                       10.26.X.X

I am using MetroE something like a leased line.

All traffic have been allowed from the firewall.

Update:

Screenshots

Best Regards,

Dennis

26 Replies 26

Hmmm... I have already add the IP for the subscriber in the GUI setting.

For the DNS there are no DNS for all the system in this setup.

so you mean is now i need to add DNS settings for my servers?

Best Regards,

Dennis

if there no DNS for all system, make sure the name server as publisher in the CUCM web-gui is IP Address

from the screenshoot the publisher hostname is MSIPA482, the subscriber trying to connect the publisher with the hostname by DNS, you need to change the hostname publisher in the IP Address

Regards, Habibi

In the Pub CUCM web-gui all servers are IP Address.

But I did not set DNS in the system. How does it find the DNS server?

regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis.

Can you please post the output of a show network cluster from CUCM PUB.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi here is the output. From this it says it is successfully sync... but the settings cannot complete.

what is utils ntp status  from PUb?

regds,

aman

Hi Yusuf,

thanks for sharing the link[+5].

As Dennis has mentioned that none of the passwords have been changed.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

i am quite lost for the moment. Haha. From all those troubleshoot we have made have shown that the sub actually successfully connected to the database, means the security password is correct.

Also the NTP can be sync. So now i really not sure what is the main cause of it now.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Ek Siong Chew
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for helping. Call the TAC have them troubleshoot found out some ports are block.

Check on the firewall logs still can't find who is blocking.

At the end client says that they have UTM. Check UTM and found out that the port 22 is classified as SSH exploitation error.

Then proceed in trusting the IP address. Now my subscriber installed successfully.

Thank you everyone that helped me for this. Also sorry for the late update.

Good news, have a nice day :)

dont forget to click answered

Regards, Habibi
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: