cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make conference calls

KiloBravo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a feeling i'm missing something simple here but i'm unable to make conference calls between two internal extensions on the same site. after pressing the conference button and dialing thenumber it just give me a beep and then does nothing. is there a setting that needs to be enabled on the phone/line? i've ensured the bsy trigger and max calls are above 2 and above.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Hello,

What about locations, regions and media resources ?

Is the ip voice media streaming services is up and the conferencing is registered ?

Amer

the ip voice media settings are up....i'm not sure what you mean by conferecing. is this another service?

can you elaborate on locations, regions and media resources.

Call manager version is 7.

Make sure the conference bridge is registered to the CUCM. I belive you are trying to use software conference bridge. If so, then make sure that you use G711 between the IP phones and the conference bridge involved. This can be done through the region settings and can be assigned to the phones and conference bridge using device pool. Also make sure the phones initiating the conference have access to the conference bridge in its MRGL.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

Thnaks for the replies

it looks like the conference bridge listed in the MRGL is in a different device pool from the phones that are trying to do the conferencing. could this be the problem...?

Hi

You figured it out!!

if the device pool on the conference bridge is Different from the phones initiating the conference then it will not work. You will see the following error in the call manager traces.

CM|MediaResourceManager::sendAllocationResourceErr
- ERROR - no transcoder device

You see a request to a Transcoder as CCM sees that the phones are in two different Device Pools.

HTH
Tapan

excellent - lets hope that was all that was wrong.

Am i okay to just create a conference bridge with the same device pool on a working environment? i.e. will it affect users if i make a change to the MRG and MRGL?

thanks