cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to make outbound calls from ucm

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

Test lab in the hq site has a cucm 8.6 server and a h323 gateway.

Branch site has a cme router

Both sites are connected by point to point frame relay and isdn PRI.

I have created a SIP trunk in UCM server to send the voip calls to the CME sites.

All pstn calls are supposed to go thourgh SLRG.

When i call from a phone in CME site to the phones in the HQ site, it works. However, when I make calls from a phone in HQ to the phones in CME, it does not work at all. I have attached the SDI trace file and if somebody could interpret what is is wrong in my system, it would save some of the hair in my head . When i checked DNA, the call flow looks accurate. The attached trace file will have the calling number as 25110 and called number as 15005.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Ankit Pandey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Could you please set the tracing to the detailed level. I opened the attach file and the tracing is set to the Error level which will not get much information.

00:03:45.805 HDR|06/16/2013 CCM,StandAloneCluster,10.11.10.249,Error,8.6.2.20000-2|*^*^*

Set the SDI tracing with the below parameter level.

Enable CDR Trace
Enable PRI Trace
Enable All Phone Device Trace
Enable ISDN Translation Trace
Enable MTP Trace
Enable H225 & Gatekeeper Trace
Enable All GateWay Trace
Enable Miscellaneous Trace
Enable Forward & Miscellaneous Trace
Enable Conference Bridge Trace
Enable MGCP Trace
Enable Music On Hold Trace
Enable Media Resource Manager Trace
Enable SIP Call Processing Trace
Enable SoftKey Trace
Enable Route or Hunt List Trace

Is the call flow is like CUCM ---->H323 Gateway ----PRI ---- Branch Site ?

Please get the SDI SDL detailed logs and the DNA output to look into the deep in the traces.

Ceers,

Ankit

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Traces are incomplete set to error level. No calling/Called party number provided. Very Difficult to tell what is happening to the call

Tapan

The trace file is attached with error level set to detailed. also attached is the DNA output. my call flows are:

1. CUCM->H323 Gateway->PRI->Remote Site (calling number 202-111-5110, called number 202-222-5105)

2. CUCM->SIP Trunk->Remote Site (calling number 25110, called number 15005)

I have enabled isdn q931 and ccsip messages debugs in the h323 gateway in the hq site but there is nothing coming from the cucm.

I have no problem calling internal extensions within my cucm cluster.

Thank you for all your help.

Thanks

As soon as CUCM sends a H.323 setup message to

13:49:28.144 |H225Cdpc::handleCcSetupReq(24, 32826693): H225Setup sent to IP=10.11.10.254 |1,100,56,1.32255^10.11.10.3^SEP001D70FD70D3

We get a Release Complete immediately. Check if you have connectivity to gateway...

Tapan

Thank you Tapan and Ankit.

After Tapan's response, I swapped the ethernet cable connecting the voice gateway to the switch and I am not 100% sure if that fixed the problem, but the problem got resolved. Very strange that I was still able to get the call from remote CME site to the CUCM cluster through frame relay link. Anyway, thank you both.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: