Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to pair wireless microphone to Cisco 8831 CP

peter.warwick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have been following the instructions on how to pair wireless microphones with a Cisco 8831 CP however we have had no luck.

when we go to pair, we hold the microphone down until the red light is solid and then release, at which point nothing appears to happen and the microphone remains unpaired.

We have loaded the newest firmware onto the 8831 CP in the hope of success, unfortunately, this doesn't make any difference.

They are brand new and have been purchased under NFR as we are a Cisco partner, the problem is because of this Cisco TAC won't support us.

Has anyone had any experience with these and could possibly lend some advice?

Thankyou,

Pete

4 Replies 4

dana.tong
Level 4
Level 4

FYI, These devices are running the following firmware:

sip8831.10-3-1SR3-5-EU

The parts we ordered are:

CP-8831-EU-K9=

Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 base and control panel for APAC, EMEA, and Australia

CP-8831-MIC-WRLS=

Optional Cisco Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 Wireless Microphone Kit includes:

2 DECT Wireless Microphones
  Charging Station for Microphones
  Power Supply
  Batteries

All good. We got them working. There is a trick. You need to turn the MIC off first, and then back on when the 8831 is ready to pair.

Hi,

I seemed to have run into the same issue while using load sip8831.10-3-1SR3-5 on the 8831. The steps mentioned by others here helped greatly but I had to remove the batteries on the mic's in order to get it working. Here is what worked for me:

1)Charge the MIC's
2)Remove Mic’s from charging base unit.
3)Remove batteries on both mic units
4)On 8831, go to Applications > Admin Settings > Wireless Microphones and start pairing process for mic 1 by selecting pair
5)While 8831 displays pairing, insert battery on one of the mic units
5)Press and hold the button on the mic, release when light is solid red.
6)Wait for mic to do a firmware upgrade and should pair once complete.
7)Repeat steps 4-6 for second mic unit but this time Select "mic 2" on step 4.