Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to record calls in UCCX 8.5

Siddharam M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have recently migrated from UCCX 5.0 to UCCX 8.5(1)SU3 , but post upgradation we have observed that calls are not getting recorded and when i try to open recordings supervisor desktop it says "no recording files found".

I have also disabled "advertise G722" option in CUCM some time back , but still unable get calls recerded.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Siddu

5 Replies 5

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

SSH into the server and issue the command.

file list activelog uccx/recordings

are there any recordings showing up?

Hi ,

There are no recording files available in that path.

also recording space has zero files.

pasting output below for your reference.

admin:file list activelog uccx/recordings

.bash_logout                            .bash_profile

.bashrc

dir count = 0, file count = 3

admin:show uccx recordings allowed

Maximum recordings allowed = 2.60156 GB

admin:show uccx recordings space

Total files : 0

Total size of recording files: 0 MB

did you configure your server to automatically record all incoming calls on the old server? you will have to reconfigure that on the new server if so. Also, you will need to go into Desktop Administrator and select the correct recording server for each agent. Were you spanning ports or vlans to make it work or were you using the agent software to send the RTP packets to the uccx server for recording?

I have selected the recording server as my UCCX publisher but still my calls are not getting recorded.

can any one help on this quickly....

Next step is to install wireshark on the computer and verify you see RTP packets heading for your UCCX servers' ip address. If you dont see that then your network cards may be inhiting the traffic or the phones are not setup correctly in call manager. In any event install wireshark and capture the data and see what is happening.