Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to register new 7911G IP Phones.

Siddharam M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I trying to register new 7911G Ip phones to the call manager but IP Phones are getting stuck in Registering mode and keeps on showing registering message on display .In CUCM the status is showing as Not Found .  My IP Phones are in remote location.

My call manger version is 4.1(3). Pls can someone help me on this.

Thanx in advance.

Yours,

Siddharam.

7 Replies 7

gossa1973
Level 1
Level 1

To litle info

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

Is this a new remote location? 

Is your DHCP scope configured correctly with option 150 pointing to your tftp server?

Are the phones configured in CUCM?

Hi ,

I have assigned manual ip to all the phones with required details.

During registration in IP phone status message I am getting 2 messages

1) Trust list update failed.

2) TFTP timeout SEP.cnf.xml

i have configured the phones in CUCM but the phone status in CUCM is displaying as NOT FOUND.

in the same remote location i have another 7911G phone which working absolutely fine.

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

CM 4.1(3) is pretty old. It is possible your phone firmware will not downgrade to a compatible version.

Some years ago Cisco introduced a signed load for phones. Once a phone is upgraded to a signed load it will not downgrade to an unsigned load.

Find the IP address of your new phone (Menu button/settings), put the IP address into IE and see what version of software your new phone is running. Compare that to an existing phone that works.

If you are still not sure post the versions here.

Graham

Firmware version presently present in IP Phone: SCCP11.9-0-3S

Firmware version mentioned in Call Manager : SCCP11.8-4-1SR2S

ndravid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1. You have mentioned that the phones are in a remote location, if they are across a VPN Tunnel then open port 2000.

2. Check the CUCM Release notes and see the supported firmware versions for 7911 Phones

3. Install the same firmware on the "non-working" phones as the one you have on your working phones

4. If all of the above fails; try --

a. Connect The Power adapter to the phone and then connect the Phone to the Switch, it should upgrade to the correct firmware version.

b. Reset to the factory Default by pressing # then plug the phone to the switch and wait for about 8-10 sec (MWI Lamp) and then pressing 123456789*0# , the phone upgrade should works.

Check this link, it might be useful

https://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K85725640

Hope this helps...

Regards

Nachiket

Hi ,

I got the reason today ....... Actually the ITL file in IP Phone was stopping the registration process between the call manager and the IP Phone .  After deleting the ITL file from phone (Settings ->Security settings ) the Phone got registered to the call manager.

Thanx all for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: