Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to reset a Cisco 8811 phone to factory default

Dear Cisco team,

I want to reset a Cisco 8811 phone to factory defaults and i am doing the following steps but it is not working:

Reset the Phone to the Factory Settings from the Phone Keypad

You can reset the phone to the factory settings. The reset clears all the phone parameters.

Procedure

Step 1

Remove power from the phone in one of these ways:

·         Unplug the power adapter.

·         Unplug the LAN cable.

Step 2

Wait 5 seconds.

Step 3

Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.

Step 4

When the Headset and Speaker buttons are lit, release # and enter the following key sequence:

123456789*0#

The light for the Headset button turns off after you press the 1 key. After you enter the key sequence, the Mute button lights.

Caution 

Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process, and the main screen appears.

The phone resets.

7 Replies 7

Thanks Mohammed but even after doing these steps the phone is again booting up without going to factory defaults.

Thanks,

Vik.

What firmware are you using? Was it registered with 3rd party before?

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) What happens when you enter the sequence 123456789*0# Does the Phone reset?

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Dear Hairs,

After i press the keys in sequence then instead of Phone going to Factory Defaults; it again boots up.

Regards,

Vik.

You need to provide more information about what you expect to happen, and what is happening.

"It boots up" doesn't explain anything, the phone is supposed to boot up after being reset to default.

If Phone is connected to the Network from where cucm is accessible then after reset phone will again download the configuration and firmware from the CUCM and load the same old configuration.

Remove the phone configuration from CUCM and reset to factory default.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: