Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Retrieve Directed call park call

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am running CUCM 9.1.1. I have configured directed call park number 7800 with a retrieval prefix of *73. On one of my directory numbers 7777, i have call forward no answer set to 7800. When I make a call to 7777, the call successfully goes to 7800 when it is not answered. The call gets parked, but when i try to retrieve the call, it fails to retrieve it .I dial *737800, but nothing happens.I get fast busy

Has anyone come accross this before?

Thanks,

Derek

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

A couple of thoughts here. Could be a problem with the device level

CSS and Partition  of the phone not having proper access. Maybe the reversion timer kicks

in before the pickup can occur?

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hi Rob,

Partitions and CSS all good. Reversion timer set to 60 seconds. Call gets parked after 10 seconds and i can see it on the screen as parked, but just can't retrieve it. i go to another phone, dial *737800 and just get fast busy tone. Its a strange one. Maybe i have hit a bug

Cheers,
Derek

Hi Derek,

Have you tried the standard way to test Directed call park.

1) Dial extension 7777 from any phone and answer the call

2) Press 'Transfer' softkey and dial 7800 and complete transfer

3) Once the call is parked, dial *737800 from any other IP phone that has access to the directed call park partition.

If its still not working then we need to check the detailed ccm traces for a failed call.

HTH

Manish

This method works. My issues is that Call forward no answer for x7777 is set to 7800(directed call Park number). When it goes to 7800, I can not retrieve the call. I guess the call seems like it is not fully parked or something like that.

Cheers,
Derek

Did it ever work before? If not, I don't think that directed call park will be invoked by doing a call forward to the directed park extension. You need to use the Transfer softkey to invoke the feature as mentioned in the call manager features and services guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fscallpk.html#wpxref30558

HTH

Manish

Anyone able to get this working?  I have had UCCX or UCXN answer calls, and transfer to a Directed Call Park.  I still cannot pick up the directed call park.  Gives me a fast busy.  From the external party that was parked, hear hold music, and the BLF Call Park Button is lit.  Cause for termination was 41, which is generic.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi.

Call park and directed call park feature seems to be intended for answered calls only not for redirected call.

If you try to call the directed call park number from an ip phone , you see your call as parked , but you'll not be able to pick the call from any other phone

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I came up with a work around using unity connection call handlers

CFWD No answer on x7777 ==> CTI RoutePoint x7803  which is forwarded to VM ==> After greeting in mailbox 7803, call  sent to Call Handler which forwards the call to directed park number  x7800. Call is then successfully parked and i am able to retireve the  parked call.

Thanks for all your responses.

Derek

Hi Derek.

Sure with UCNx you can do it. You can also confgure directly a system call handler without configure a new voicemail.

Good thought! +5 for you

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Mark Knepper
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem when a CTI application initiates the transfer, any attempt to retrieve the call results in a fast busy. This seems to be true for TAPI and JTAPI based applications.

Hi Mark,

I have the same issue , cannot retreive the call give fast busy some times dead air. The log shows No calls are paked on the parked number error. Could you please let us know how did you resolved the issue? Thank you.

Regards,

Das

Das, would love to say that I had figured it out, but haven't been able to. I'm not sure if this was posted to Developer forums but that might be worth a shot.

On what version are you experiencing this, I have been on 8.6 since I posted this. We are looking to move toward 10 or 10.5 and I will be able to test it once we have some lab instances up and running, hopefully this may resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for the reply. We are in call manager version 9.1 . In the call manager logs i can able to see the below error while trying to retreiving the call.

|DirectedCallParkManager - ERROR  wait_SsInterceptInd - No Calls parked on ParkNumber= 6673

I am eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks again.

Regards,

Das

This does not work. Call park feature is intended to park the active call in a available park slot but the one you are trying to park is not answered. I tried the same before with different version but this did not work.

Workaround is to have Unity or UCCX answer the original call and then have them system transfer the call back to the park slot. You can confiure it in such a way you do not find any delay in parking the call and it works fine.

Thanks,

Kasi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: