cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to transfer incoming external calls.

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We are using CUCM 7.1.5 ,with one H.323 gateway. I am able to make or receive external calls,but can not park or transfer the call to another extension.

Trying to transfer the call in the same partition. When the external call is connected, I see transfer button ,but when I press the button nothing happens. I can not dial the extension.

Any idea why this is happening ?. I can transfer or park if I get a call from internal numbers...

Thanks in advance,

6 Replies 6

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you are doing great,

Can you post an screenshoot of your problem.

Or just to doublecheck do you have the MTP required checked on the CUCM.

I also would like to confirm if you have an MRGL associated with the H.323 gateway.

Also if possible can you post the traces from the faulty call.

Regards,

Luis Sandi.

We unchecked MTP required but this caused all the ougoing calls through Gateway failed. We had MRGL associated with Gateway. We dont have any Transcoder setup as we are using G711 codec throughout. and have only SCCP phones.

awaiting maintenace window to debug further.

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

it sounds that you have no media resources to transfer or park the call.

You need to add media resources to the device pool.

1. You must activate the "Cisco IP Media Streaming App" under Cisco Unified Serviceablity.

2. Under Cisco Unified CM Administration go to "Media Resources" >> Media Resource Group >> Add New.
   You can look in the screenshot 1 and add the software media resources to the group

3. Then you must create a "Media Resource Group List" ("Media Resources" >> Media Resource Group List >> Add New)
   Give the list a name and put the media resources inside that you created in step 2 and save the list (Screenshot 2).

4. Go to "System" >> Device Pools and add the Media Resource Group that you created in step 3 (Screenshot 3).

5. (optional) You can add the Media Resource List to the H.323 / SIP / MGCP Gateway under "Media Resource Group List" (Screenshot 4).

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi,

I also have same problem in customer side but now he can trasfer but without MoH?

regards

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed,

do you use Multicast-MOH?

If you you use multicast you must enable multicast routing and use pim sparse-dense mode.

Also you must define a rendezvous point.

Here is some documentation for multicast routing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094821.shtml

Please rate helpful posts!

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

Hello Mohammed,

is the issue resolved?

Regards,

Marcel