cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to transfer using Caller Input - Unity 7.0(2)

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there any bug in Cisco Unity 7.x? The situation is like this :

• i create a new call handler for my company receptionist IVR (interactive voice recording).
  • in the CH, there's a greeting and i allow caller input (eg: "please press "1" for receptionist assistance") and caller system transfer (eg: "if u know the extension number, you may key in now").
  • i've tested for Caller System Transfer and working fine.
  • However, for caller input. It prompt " You cannot be tranfer to this number, check the number and call again".
  • As a matter of fact, i have configure the Key "1" to attempt transfer to a different call handler (whereby this CH will transfer to receptionit number)

By right, when i hear the greeting, i can enter any valid extension and it will be transfer based on Caller System Transfer. AND i can press "1" and it will be transfer to receptionist again.

Unfortunately, it's not working and i've lost all idea since i've check everything and don't reckon i missing any step. Please give some advice since i've read old thread and they say Cisco Unity had a bug? Most of the workaround solution given have been tried but all to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There is a setting to allow transfers to numbers not associated to subscribers. Have you tried this yet?

See this link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag115.html#wp1052260

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Smith,

However, i can't find Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers check box as per instruction in the guide.

Is owner & owner type does affect the usage of a call handler? cause when i use key "0" as the caller input, although i attempt transfer to another call handler it still goes to default Operator handler? is "0" is predefined in Unity, we can't use it in other Call Handler?