Views
Helpful
Replies

Unicast MoH on CUCM 8.6

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

With unicast MoH on CUCM should all devices placed on hold receive the start of the MoH recording or, if it is already being streamed to another device, will they hear the MoH from the point at which it is being played to the other device?

I always assumed that the file would start at the beginning for each device that is on hold but from testing this does not seem to be the case.    

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey James,

You are seeing/hearing the expected behavior

If there is even one device that has the MOH being streamed to it, all

devices that connect to MOH from that point will receive the MOH files

"in progress".

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey James,

You are seeing/hearing the expected behavior

If there is even one device that has the MOH being streamed to it, all

devices that connect to MOH from that point will receive the MOH files

"in progress".

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I normally use multicast MoH so had never really looked at this in detail before. For some reason I had assumed that each caller received MoH from the start of the file - thanks for confirming that this is not the case.

It causes me a minor problem as was hoping to use MoH to play a welcome message to callers in CUEAC queues and it is not so good if it starts halfway through the stream for a new caller.

I am already routing calls to CUEAC via Unity Connection to provide acceptable scheduling* so I will use a Call Handler to play a welcome message before sending to the CUEAC queue.

Cheers

James

* CUEAC scheduling is appalling - one schedule for all queues, no support for holidays and no way of configuring different opening.closing times for individual days.

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing your CUEAC workaround +5

The nice thing about "front ending" the queue(s) with a Call Handler

greeting is that it's much easier to change "on the fly" so maybe

this is the way to go for these type of setups as a best practice.

Great thinking!

Cheers!

Rob

James,

There will be siginifcant updates to the time of day routing in a future release of CUEAC. This will allos schedules to be set on a per queue basis, be able to configure scheduled dates and be able to set different times for different days.