Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communication Manager (Business Edition 5K): License

Hi,

Deploying Cisco Unified  Communication Manager (Business Edition 5K).

Received License "CUCM8-BE-PAK" which contains the following as mentioned below:

MCS7828I5-K9-BE8B - Quantity 1

and "CUCM8-BE-USR" - Quantity 240

We are deploying 240 IP Phones (different models of Cisco IP Phones) on Cisco Unified

Communication Manager (Business Edition 5000).

Please let me know above licenses PAK's are enough to configure all the 230 IP Phones (different models of Cisco IP Phones deployed are - Cisco IP Phone 3905 - 200 no.s ,6941 - 20 no.s and 7945 - 10 no.s) on Cisco Unified Communication Manager (Business Edition 5000).

Let me know if any licenses are required.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

8 Replies 8

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Krishna,

Since u have placed the order to cisco for 240 users , so u have got the PAK code for those many users.

You generate the license by entering the PAK key by visiting www.cisco.com/go/license  and upload the same in Call manager.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your reply.

As i mentioned i got the the PAK for  "CUCM8-BE-PAK" ,which contains the following as mentioned below:

MCS7828I5-K9-BE8B - Quantity 1

and "CUCM8-BE-USR" - Quantity 240

I need the clarification that above license is enough to configure all the 230 IP Phones (different models of Cisco IP Phones deployed are - Cisco IP Phone 3905 - 200 no.s ,6941 - 20 no.s and 7945 - 10 no.s) on Cisco Unified Communication Manager (Business Edition 5000).

regards,

Krishna

Hi Krishna,

This is what I was trying to convey that u  the order has been placed as per Users which is 240.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Is it the 240 indicates DLU's  OR user with any model of IPPhone can be configured ?

Because IP Phones contains (230 IP Phones)  Cisco IP Phone 3905 - 200 no.s ,6941 - 20 no.s and 7945 - 10 no.s .

Regards,

Krishna

Hi Krishna,

It would be user based.

Can us share any other PART Code which u have ordered for License?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Ordered "UCXN8-BE-PAK" which contains "UCXN8-BE-USR" quantity 50no.s.

Regards,

Krishna

Hi Krishna,

This is for unity connection for 50 number of users.

regds,

aman

All of the licenses are user-based, not device-based. As you configure features/phones and associate them to the user a license is consumed. In the case of CUCM8-BE-USR, which is a User Connect License, the user can have one physical phone, Mobile Connect, a softphone, and IM&P. The confusing part is that before 9.0(1) CUCM was still tracking licenses by device (which you can't buy anymore) instead of user. In the 8.x and earlier releases you would be given DLUs sufficient to configure all of the UCL/UWL license entitlements; however, those DLUs are legally only available to that user. For example, if the license generates six DLUs and the phone only requires three, you can't legally configure two phones for two different people. This is all resolved in 9.x which properly enforces license consumption.

Also, just so you are aware, you have purchased an End of Sale product which cannot be upgraded past the currently shipping 9.1 train. The 10.0 release due out later this year will not be supported on the BE5k since it won't support bare-metal servers. Whomever sold you that did you a disservice in my opinion.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.