Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications Manager

fakhoury_basel1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco \ Support :

I'm trying to use Call Manager the unified , to change the user name that is being displayed on the ip phone but i cant' get that done , please assist me because i have a time line to get that done .

I had read the manual also some of google researches on how to use it , but its not clear for me .

I had tried you tube but i didn't find my answer there .

Bear in mind this is the first time am using the call manager .

Help as soon as you can , with steps .

7 Replies 7

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've never seen any phone displaying user name. Can you please clarify in bit detail what is your expectation.

i meant the name that must be showed on ip phone screen " USER" + " Own Extension" 

Kindly See the attached 

Thank you .

This is "line text label" field on the DN, so simply change it to anything you want, keep in mind different phone models allow for different lengths before it will be truncated on the display.

i did that but nothing is change actually , even changed the description also the display field but nothing , any advice ?

Did the phone reset properly after you pressed "Apply config" or reset?

Display name drives caller name presentation, and alerting drives what people see on their phone when they dial this DN.

Is your CUCM dbreplication working properly?  Easiest way is to check from System Reporting DB status report.

after changing the name the phone did rest but nothing did changed , also the CUCM working perfectly also check the DB status WORKING 

Are you changing it on the proper phone by going via Device --> find device --> edit DN from within the device page as oppose to going directly to the Directory Number menu?