cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communications Self Care Portal, Downloads, Application Plug-ins ??

RandyBower
Level 1
Level 1

The Unified Communications Self Care Portal has a tab labeled "downloads"  Under that tab (when clicked)  list a file called "Cisco Unified CM Assistant Console" Currently, this file is accessible and downloadable (from Self Care Portal) to everyone in our user base, regardless if they use it or need it.  Once you download and launch the install, you are presented with a box CUCM Assistant Settings. You are prompted to enter the IP for CUCM Assistant Server and server port.  My questions are 1) should this be a restricted download from within the S C Portal?  2) Should it be removed entirely if no one is using this feature?  3) Is there a security risk having this program readily available?  4) can the Cisco Unified CM Assistant Console file be freely downloaded and set up from a website like the CISCO website, or is this only part of the CUCM software package.  My thought is there would be some increased risk anytime you are presented with data entry for IPs, hostnames, and/or ports.  

Thanks 

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Up to you, you control which apps they can download.

2) Again, up to you, if you do not have IPMA, I see no reason to have it available for download

3) No, if you do not have the IPMA configuration in place, then it's really useless.

4) No, it can only be downloaded from CUCM as any plugin which depends on the CUCM release.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You can hide the Downloads tab altogether via the Enterprise Parameters. (You may already know how to do this, if not...)

In Enterprise Parameters, look for the third section down entitled "Self Care Portal Parameters". In this section you will see a parameter "Show Downloads". Change the setting to "False". This takes effect immediately on all new logins to the Self Care Portal.