cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 12.5 licensing errors

lb123
Level 1
Level 1

in Unity 12.5 CLI, I run a license smart reservation return and get the following. 

Error occured while processing request :com.retrogui.dualrpc.common.CallException: <remote_exception><sessionid>5440245</sessionid><class>java.lang.NullPointerException</class><message>null</message></remote_exception>

Also, If I use any “show license xxx” commands I get this error:

"Error occured processing show license details request ...."

I was getting these errors on another Unity 12.5 installation so I reinstalled it completely, everything was fine until I tried returning licenses on this new install, getting the same errors.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why are you doing this?  Are you having issues with the licensing page in Admin Guide connecting to smart account?

I guess I should have pointed out, this is all in offline installation, not able to connect to the internet.  So I have to go through the whole generating an installation request, submitting it to the smart account then getting an authorization code to put back on the Unity box.  All that works, but now, when trying to do return the license the same way, or even using show license commands, I get those same errors not allowing me to.  So I cannot submit a return code to my smart account.  I also cannot even disable registration, I get an error for that as well.  Attempting to reinstall Unity again, but it seems as soon as I install these licenses it seems to break Unity.

I guess I still don't understand the need for this as you have 60 days to license the system after the installation.  Are you installing it 60 before you will get it online? If so, what would be the reason?

Yes I'm replacing a Unity 8.6 setup that's online now with 12.5 so Ill need the licenses on it.  The reason I'm attempting the return in the first place is because:

1. When I install the licenses, the registration status says registered and the "Usage" number whos over 90 mailboxes being used, so that all looks good.  But, right next to that in the status field it says "no licenses in use".  From another screenshot example, I think its supposed to actually say there's a license being utilized, correct me if I'm wrong.

2.  The other reason I'm trying to fix this is that I don't want to put a broken system in production especially if its going to need downtime to fix later.  Right now, when I install these the license commands just stop working and get these errors.