cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Installation Prob

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a fresh installation of Unity 4.2.1 on win 2003 with ms exchange 2003. I set all users required for installation with proper permissions but as soon as the unity setup starts, it gives the following error. Error screen shot is attached. It says "While trying ot install the sentinel system driver, windows installer returned a failure code:2". Any help on this, please.

Sheeraz

7 Replies 7

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

The Sentinel system driver cannot be installed by using Terminal Services.

Install the driver by doing the following procedure on the Cisco Unity server before you run the Cisco Unity Setup program.

To install the Sentinel system driver before you run Cisco Unity Setup,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server, insert Cisco Unity Disc 1 in the CD-ROM drive.

Step 2 Browse to the Security Key Setup directory.

Step 3 Double-click SentinelSystemDriver.msi.

Step 4 Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation of the Sentinel

system driver.

Once completed, re-run Unity setup , Cisco recommends to run the setup on the local system console instead of using the terminal service window.

HTH

//Jorge

Thanks for this solution. We came across this exact problem when doing a clean install of Unity 4.2 on a new HP DL380-G3 running Windows 2003 Enterprise O/S.

Note: We were running from the console and not over terminal services. Unity setup was failing with return code 2 when trying to install the Sentinel driver.

Thanks

George.

aramos17428
Level 1
Level 1

Question?

How did you install windows 2003?

Let me clarify, did you use the Unity DVD image or off the shelf windows 2003 standard. Just wondering?

Thanks

Armando

There are no Unity platform disks for installing Win 2003, therefore we used our own corporate Win 2003 copies.

Refer to Installation Guide for Unity Unified Messaging with Microsoft Exchange 2003/200 (Without Failover) guide (OL-7366-01).

George

Just so you know, Unity 4.2 now ships with Win2k3 platform disks only.

I'm getting ready to stage two new unity 4.2 systems. Both orders arrived from Cisco missing the platform configuration disk.

Does anyone know what Cisco is doing? On a previous delivery, I received the platfrom disk for 2003 but the msg store for 2000.

Seems like as soon as they moved to win 2003, something in the shippment is either missing or incompatable.??

Does anyone know the quickest way to get the paltform disk.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: