Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0 - Ex2k7Script problems

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are changing partner server for Unity, from EX 2003 to 2010. everything works, except in last step when I was trying to run Ex2kScript in Exchange, I got lots of error messages in powershell. is this script generated by Unity is valid from Exchange perpective:

The term 'New-MoveRequest' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check

the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At C:\Ex2k7Script_UNITY01.ps1:3 char:31

+ $mailboxList | New-MoveRequest <<<<  -targetDatabase:$targetDatabase

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (New-MoveRequest:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

The term 'Get-MoveRequest' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check

the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At C:\Ex2k7Script_UNITY01.ps1:4 char:53

+ [array]$inTransit =   $mailboxList | Get-MoveRequest <<<<  -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | ?{ $_.Status -ne 'Failed'

-and $_.Status -ne 'Completed' -and $_.Status -ne 'CompletedWithWarning' }

+ CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Get-MoveRequest:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

thanks for any input, it's pretty high impact since customer lost their voicemail.

Alex

1 Reply 1

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello agoshtaei,

My recommendation instead of fighting with this Move request script if you recreate the accounts: Unity_, Usbms and Eadmin  you will see that the script will change to create them brand new rather than moving them.

So basically you would go to active directory and delete those accounts, when you re-run the MSCW (Message Store Configuration Wizard) and the script is generated on your desktop you will see that the script has changed.

Regards,

-d-r-p-