Replies

Unity 9 voicemail to O365 email not working

edwincharles
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

need help with the following

Unity 9 voicemail to O365 email not working

before we were using exchange it was working fine, after we change to O365 not working

while testing get error

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Have you ever checked, if CUC supports O365?

I mean, the error message is very clear, don't you think?

Your version of CUC is beyond good and evil. It's EoL since years and years.

Do people not read any doc's / release notes these days, before they make changes to a system?

You can't just change anything in the system, and expect it to work as before.

O365 is supported from 10.x onwards, but the link for 9.x is already retired. So, personally, I couldn't find any info with a quick internet search for 9.x (which should have been your work anyway, before doing the change).

This link says something about "an alternate way" to configure CUC for O365 integration:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/118828-config-cuc-00.html

Dear winter,

thanks for the update.

we have gone through this document to verify the config, but still it does not work

as its mentioned 8.6 and later, so it should support right

The information in this document is based on CUC Versions 8.6(x) and later.

i know unity 9 its eol, but do to buget restrictions not upgraded, is there any document that it says its not supported on 9

I don't have any working links. As mentioned, the product is EoL since years, therefore Cisco retired most of the links.

But taking a closer look on your screenshot, are you sure, that CUC can resolve the address?

It says something about "Failed to connect to Domain controller via DNS" and so on.

A couple of things. First of, I don’t think that Unity Connection version 9 has support for O365 Exchange. Second thing, even if it had I doubt that you can use Basic as the authentication method as Microsoft is deprecating this. You would need to go with OAuth2.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: