Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Auto Attendant - Dial by number

alwayslearning
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Version 11.5

We have an Auto Attendant set up for the main phone number of our business. Callers are able to dial the extension of a party from this menu if they know it, but those calls go directly to voicemail rather than ringing the line. How do I transfer to the line rather than directly to the mailbox.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Look at what Chris mentioned for call routing, and since the alternate transfer rule is enabled, then that's the number to which it will transfer the call (assuming proper call routing allows you to place the call)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Change the transfer rules of every user to do that

HTH

java

It looks like I already have it set to transfer to extension

transfer settings.jpg

Is that the specific user you're testing with?

That setting is PER user.

Are there other transfer rules enabled?

HTH

java

Yes this is a specific user I am testing with. The screenshot is the "Standard" transfer rule. The "Alternate" rule is also enabled with the same settings but a different number.

Does the CSS applied to your Unity SIP trunk (if using SIP integration) or SCCP voicemail ports has access to proper partition assigned to the extension of the device?

Are your restriction tables in Unity allowing these calls?

Look at what Chris mentioned for call routing, and since the alternate transfer rule is enabled, then that's the number to which it will transfer the call (assuming proper call routing allows you to place the call)

HTH

java

The css looks correct. I disabled the alternate transfer rule and it transfers properly as a live call. Can the user enable transfer rules or is that only done by admin? I'm not sure where the alternate rule came from.

There's a setting in the Greeting, "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers", is that enabled?

Edit - see it's fixed anyway,

I did not have that setting enabled for this specific user, I turned it on and turned the alternate transfer back on to test it. Calls still go directly to voicemail when the alternate transfer rule is enabled.

That setting is not applicable for what you were facing.

That setting simply allows you to dial DNs that do not exist in CUC. If you leave it unchecked, the transfers are limited to DNs that do exist in CUC.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: