Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Unity Conneciton 8.5, Exchange 2003 & Single Inbox

Goooood Afternoon all,

I've recently enabled push notifications with cisco unity connection 8.5.  We deployed this to a group of about 20 people and it will be rolled out to about 800 users eventually, and have had no issues whatsoever so far.  As a matter of fact, notification push has gone so well, that our users are requesting us to start the discovery phase for single inbox deployment.

I have a few questions about the requirements if anyone out there has already depoyed single inbox.

Single inbox uses a different license structure correct?  Here are the licenses we currently are good for

Users with voice mailboxesLicSubscribersMax

Users with IMAP or Single Inbox access to voice messagesLicIMAPSubscribersMax

Cisco Unity Inbox usersLicVMISubscribersMax

TTS and ASR (advanced) usersLicAdvancedUserMax

Voice portsLicVoicePortsMax

Text-to-speech sessionsLicRealspeakSessionsMax

How much more taxing is single inbox on your exchange cluster?  we have three exchange 2003 boxes in our cluster. I read somewhere that the biggest increase is in your transaction logs, but I'm concerned about the size of the attachments that will be sent to inboxes (we handle 4k calls a day at our peak, that would be a bunch of messages)

How much more taxing is it on our unity cluster?  We have One publisher, and one subscriber.

Is there anything that I'm missing here? Do I need to increase storage for our exchange cluster, or the unity cluster?

Thanks for all of the help

-Marcus

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here