cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 1.2 Distribution List

e.giron
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any documentation on setting up a Distribution List in Connection 1.2, I setup the System Distribution List, added Members, but when I dial the number assigned to it it plays the default "Hello welcome to Cisco Unity Connection messaging" Instead of the Recorded Name?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

check the number of cti and calhander

u dont need any rule

this sounds unity not reconizing the number

check also the transfered otion in the call handler make send caller to greeting

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this number only for managment

u need to creat a callhandler and give it number lets say 2000

and make the recepient of the CH as the distribution list you made in message section

now in you CCM creat a cti route point give the cti port a number as the callhandelr which in our example 2000

and check the check box of forwar all to voice mail and make sure to chose a voice mail profile

in the callhander put what ever greeting yu want this way the left message will go to all distribution list members

good luck

if helps rate

e.giron
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks, but it still plays - the Hello Welcom to Cisco Unity Connection messaging, from a touchstone phone you may dial an extension at any time. Not my recorded greeting? I even setup a Direct Routing Rule and to no avail? I have setup a CTI route point in Call Manager, with Forward all to VM checked and the VM Profile for Connection selected. In Unity Connection I have the same extension which is 2500 as the CTI Route Point as a Call Handler. The Call Handler has the message recipient as Mark Urgent and has the message recipient as the Distribution List, which is the only place I see I can assign the Distribution List.

check the number of cti and calhander

u dont need any rule

this sounds unity not reconizing the number

check also the transfered otion in the call handler make send caller to greeting

Hi marwanshawi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Is it because of the greetings setting in the call handler? In the section After Greetings, what is the correct option for configuring distribution list?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: