Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 10.5 - System Call Handler

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to setup an IVR solution in UC 10.5. Our scenario/what we are planning is users do call on service desk number 28001 and the call should go to System call handler where we have uploaded an audio stating for Laptop issues press 1 and desktop issues dial 2.

For key 1 we have configured Call Action -- Transferred to Alternate contact number -- Extension number 28005 and transfer type -- release to switch.

So as soon as users press 1 the call lands on extension 28005.

Now we see that, users whenever they do have laptop issue they do directly call 28005, as this clearly displays on IP Phone, Instead of coming through 28001 main number.

Is there any way to mask this number or avoid users dialling this..

Pls suggest.

Thanks in advance

9 Replies 9

Ronak Agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jagadish,

I am not sure, if I understand you correctly, but you can try the parameter of "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call." uncheck this.

under System Settings -> Advanced -> Conversations.

Regards,

Ronak Agarwal

parameter of Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

under System Settings -> Advanced -> Conversations

- See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11135756/forwarding-unity-connection#sthash.eASIcaHC.dpuf

Dear Ronak,

Pls find the attached, flow chart. I was able the mask the number in the Hunt Pilot under called party transformation ... But now as the rule, when the calls hits the CTI number and then gets forwarded to the hunt pilot number and then under hunt pilot I have added couple of DN's. Till here its working fine.  If no answer from hunt pilot group the calls are forwarded to a Directory number 997 (example attached ) which I forwarded all to Voice mail in DN configuration.

If no one answers the calls in the hunt group, the calls are not going to Voice mail. Its going back to 18001. I know this is the actual rule how it works, but is there any ways ??

Regards

Jagadish

Jagadish, you have a couple of options. Instead of forwarding to 997 you could forward to *18002 or *18003 or *18004. If you don't already have a CTI RP of *XXXXXX that forwards to VM you would need to add that and make sure you have a mask of XXXXXX on the VM Profile. This will forward the unanswered calls to the VM box for 18002 or 18003 or 18004. May need to set a forwarding rule in CUCxn depending on your configuration.

Another option if using your original config is to put 28005 in a partition that is only accessible from a CSS assigned to the VM ports. Then in a partition available from only the phones put in a translation pattern for 28005 that translates to 28001. That way if users try to dial the hunt group directly they get redirected to the main IVR.

Hi,

As per your suggestion instead of 997 I have to forward to *18002 and create a CTI route point *18002 and in that I have to add a DN of 18002 and call forward all to VM right ???

But already Hunt Pilot of 18002 is already created, it won't allow to create the DN..

Hope my understanding is correct.

Pls suggest.

If you follow my instructions above I think it will work. You don't need to add a DN of *18002 to the CTI RP, you need to add a DN of *XXXXX. Use an asterisk (*) followed by 5 capitol X's. This will match any pattern that starts with a * and is followed by any 5 digits. Then check the box for Forward All To VM.

Make sure the VM Profile has a mask of XXXXXX (5 capitol X's).

Jagadish,

Instead of giving 997 in the CFNA of the hunt pilot, you can directly give the voicemail pilot number and let the call route to voicemail.

I tested this in the lab and it works perfectly.

Also, i tested the way that you have configured, and still the call was going to voicemail.

Created CTI RP with CFA to Hunt pilot.
Hunt pilot had 2 line group members. CFNA to dummy dn.
Dummy DN had CFA to voicemail.

If the line group members did not pick up the phone, the call was going to voicemail.

Let me know for any questions.

Hi Ronak,

Instead of 997, if I give voice mail pilot the calls are going againg back to 18001. Again the IVR menu starts..

If I give 997 also its going to the same 18001, not to respective 18002 or 18003 or 18004 voice mail box.

Am struck at the last stage. Pls help.

Jagadish,

How is Unity integrated with CUCM? SCCP or SIP?
What is the voicemail pilot number that you are using?
Do you have any transfer rule associated to the user in unity? May be this is causing issues and transferring the calls to CTI again.

So is this the call flow in your case:

CTI RP -- CFA to Voicemail -- Unity system handler with greeting -- press 1 -- call goes to hunt pilot -- if line group members don't answer -- call is going to CTI again and not voicemail box of the hunt pilot.

Try one thing, in unity, create an end user with voicemail box for the hunt pilot with hunt pilot extension

Now, create a forward routing rule, in which select "user with mailbox" and select the hunt pilot user.
In, Routing rule under the same forward routing rule, click add new and select "forwarding station" equals "hunt pilot number" and save it.

So now, if any calls come to the hunt pilot and is not answered, the call will go to unity with redirecting number of the Hunt pilot and this hunt pilot would come into picture and users will be able to leave voicemail.

Regards,
Ronak Agarwal

Also ronak, this enterprise parameter is already un checked and if I check this, the last number reaches it own voice mail box. But till now since ages, users are used to normal way.. So I can't check this which solves the issue currently am facing. Pls suggest me with any alternative workaround.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: