cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 11.5(1)SU2 Connection Rest Service wont start

putney_m
Level 1
Level 1

I am working to try and resolve an issue with a Unity Connection 11.5(1)SU2 two node cluster where on the subscriber server the Connection Rest Service is activated but will not start. We are seeing constant entries in the syslog of the server. I have checked and I could not find any bugs on this issue. Has anyone else run into this type of issue?

I have attached the servm log from the server as well.

Thanks,

Michael

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

I would suggest a restart of the Unity Connection server or use the recovery ISO to try and fix any file system errors, the recovery iso can be downloaded from here

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286286362&flowid=77775&softwareid=282074294&release=11.5(1)SU2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

HTH

Manish

We found the root cause is that only one instance can be running in the cluster at a time. Once we stopped it on the publisher it started right up on the subscriber. As this is an optional service we disabled it to prevent the issue from cropping up again.

Hi,

just experienced the same issue. On a CUC 11.5SU3 Cluster the REST Server was not willing to start. Disabling the REST Service on the SUB did not help and I can see that on another cluster the REST Service is running on both servers.

Rebooting the Pub did help. REST Service is running on both Nodes now.

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: