cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.1.3 > System Directory Handler > "No Matching Names"

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I am Importing users from CallManager 7.0.1 to Unity Connection 7.1.3 (SCCP integration)

The subscriber has a Connection mailbox, but only a lastname (no first name), completed self-enrollment and record their respective voice name, and has a checkmark set for List in Directory.

The System Directory Handler search scope is Entire Server (single partition) (I've also tried all the other options for search scope with no luck)

I've noticed that if the Subscriber is missing a First Name in CallManager/Connection that the System Directory Handler returns "No Matching Names" during a search.  Is a First Name required for the System Directory Handler to work?

If I delete the CXN user, update a First Name in CallManager, Import user into Conneciton then the System Directory Handler works fine, leading me to believe that First Name is mandatory for System Directory Handler to work.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Is this a voice enabled or dial by name directory?

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

The System Directory Handler does not have a checkmark in Voice Enabled.  I have a couple ways I'm testing this;

1. Login into another subscriber, press 2 to send a message, record message, then spell the name of the person

2. Call Handler (unused numbers) that After Greeting goes to the System Directory Handler.

I also created a new Directory Call Handler versus re-using the factory System Directory Handler, same problem.  If no First name it doesn't work.

I've noticed the first/last name requirement in AD-integrated installs where user objects without a first or last name are not eligible to be added as a subscriber.

I'd think it plausible that the directory handlers are programmed in a similiar fashion.

--
-Mark Turpin

--
-Mark Turpin

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

I just tried testing the "message send" method that you were using

for your testing. The dependency on the First name only came into

play if I had "Spelling the firstname then lastname" selected on the

Message send page for the user. If I tried to enter the name without

an entry on the "Firstname" portion of the user setup I received the

"no matching names prompt".

If I had "Spelling the lastname then firstname" then the message was sent properly.

Cheers!

Rob

I have a checkmark in Spell the lastname then first".  I would expect it to work with a missing first name.

Are you testing in 7.1.3 or another version of Unity Connection?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

My testing was done on 7.1(3b)su2 the only difference I can see is that

my users were not imported from CUCM but created on CUC itself.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: