Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.x LDAP Integration - User Impact

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Community,

I have a client who wants to set up LDAP integration with Unity Connection. The client already has about 500 Unity Connection existing users. I just wanted to know how an LDAP integration would impact those existing users. Would they be overwritten? Or just added on? What would be the best approach to migrating them to use LDAP?

Thanks,

Neocec

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Neocec,

There would be no impact at all, if you want the existing users to get integrated to LDAP as oppose to leaving them as local users you can simply change the setting on the user to be integrated to LDAP, what you will need to make sure of though is that the username in UCON is the same as the username attribute you are using for the integration, i.e sAMAccountName.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris. But another question, if the username in sAMAccountName matches what's in Unity Connection, then it should overwrite it and be integrated with LDAP? And will this process delete the user's existing mailbox (purging all messages and requiring to set up again)?

Thanks,

Neocec

It is not going to be overwritten like it would in CUCM, as in Unity Connection you still need to import users from LDAP. 

Existing users will stay as local users, until you change the status by changing "LDAP Integration Status". You can make this change by Using BULK EDIT.

Chris