Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0.2

Dear ALL

I have a problem that happens occasionally to some voice mail boxes as follows:

When the user tries to hear the voice recordings the output of the speech is so fast that he/she cannot recognise the message (it sounds like hearing a fast forward of an old tape recorder)

Could you pls give some lights regarding this?

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

The message playback speed can be changed from the phone by pressing 6 to speed it up or 4 to slow it down.   There are 2 faster speeds, normal speed, and slow speed.   Next time they are listening to a message they can press 4 to slow down the speed and it should be saved for all subsiquent calls.

An admin can also change it from the back end per user account in the message playback.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chrysostomos,

If you do not want speed and volume changes to be saved as new default settings for the user, you can disable this functionality by unchecking the Save Speed and Volume Changes Made by User setting on the;

System Settings > Advanced > Conversation Configuration page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

This way the users won't have the fast forward "Chipmunk" or the slowed down "drunk" settings being "sticky"

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

The message playback speed can be changed from the phone by pressing 6 to speed it up or 4 to slow it down.   There are 2 faster speeds, normal speed, and slow speed.   Next time they are listening to a message they can press 4 to slow down the speed and it should be saved for all subsiquent calls.

An admin can also change it from the back end per user account in the message playback.

Thank you for the answer

5 points

Regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chrysostomos,

If you do not want speed and volume changes to be saved as new default settings for the user, you can disable this functionality by unchecking the Save Speed and Volume Changes Made by User setting on the;

System Settings > Advanced > Conversation Configuration page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

This way the users won't have the fast forward "Chipmunk" or the slowed down "drunk" settings being "sticky"

Cheers!

Rob

Hi ROB

Another five stars to you mate

Regards

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

hello guys, migrated some users from unity to connection and all ok. Just today 1 of the users is experiencing very slow playback of the unity prompts , messages are ok , its just the main menu after you login (so opening greeting is ok), its the settings for the individual user. In advance settings  i have cleared the save user message speed box.

all other users are ok (for now) just this one user at present....Jeff

Hi Jeff,

For the user who is having this issue go to;

Find User> Edit> Phone menu

Phone Menus

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Rob,

as you have correctly pointed out that is where I have fixed it , my main concern was why it would have changed - it was showing fastest and yet the speed was slow (i mean really slow - snail like slow). I changed it to nomal and it went back to normal . now i change it to fastest it goes fast and once i change to slow it goes slow. my concern is if it happened to this user , could it be the same for 13k users i have to migrate soon! (that would be a nightmare). basically i dont know why it changed !

Hi Jeff,

Now that you have adjusted the "sticky" setting piece via

the Advanced Conversation page you shouldn't have too

much to worry about. You may get the odd user who presses

4 or 6 during the Main Menu to slow or speed the conversation

from Leslie but it won't continue to the next time they access

their mailbox. We had a few that this happened to b4 we changed

that setting but never heard much from anyone after a few days

in service

Just make sure the settings are configured for "Normal" on the User template

pages for the template(s) you are using to do the build.

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

rob

thanks again for your great  input and advise. I have checked the template and do have the 'sticky' setting change. that user was one of my test users - perhaps i may have changed the settings but i dont think i did.

regards

jeff

Hi Jeff,

You are most welcome my friend

Just to be sure, I had a look through the 9.0 & 9.1 bugs for any

related to Speed and Volume changes and you should be

good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Hi - I am currently experiencing the same issue with a handful of users at a remote site.  1 out of 5 voicemail messages sound fast forwarded "Chipmunk".  The users are using the phone to check messages and do not have viewmail.  When I check the message in question and adjust the speed manually by pressing 4 to slow it down, it still sounds distorted.  Can latency on the circuit cause this issue?  It appears to be very intermittent. 

Any help would be very useful!

Thanks,

Jaime