cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.0 (user unable to play back message)

Jose Taveras
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that is not able to listen to one particular message. The user gets the error "Message is currently not available at this time". All other messages she can access. Has anyone ran into this?

9 Replies 9

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

Sounds similar to CSCtd27767    UC - New message not recognized on first subscriberlogin

Can you try rebooting the server? The workaround is to upgrade to one of the fixed versions:  Fixed-In:     8.0(0.248) 7.1(3)ES15 7.1(3.32010.1) , you can get the ES fix with TAC.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Tere,

I can't get to the link you posted. I know rebooting the server will fix the problem, but looking for a different work around. We are on System Version: 8.0.3.20000-2, which is higher than the version you posted.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jose,

Just to add the link to the great info from Tere (+5"T")

CSCtd27767            Bug Details

UC - New message not recognized on first subscriberlogin
UC 7.1(3) in cluster environment

Flow of events is as follows:

1) New message is left for subscriber.
2) MWI light comes on.
3) Dials in to get message.
4) UC indicates subscriber has a new message.
5) When subscriber goes to listen to message, they hear

"Message is not currently available"

6) Subscriber logs out and back in.
7) UC indicates subscriber has new message.
8) Subscriber can then listen to message
StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 3 Days        

Product Product
Cisco Unity Connection         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in

Fixed-In Fixed-in
8.0(0.248)
7.1(3)ES15
7.1(3.32010.1)

One thing to keep in mind is that newer versions don't always contain the "fixed" bug-fix We got bit

(no pun intended) by a bug that we assumed was fixed in a newer build which in fact had NOT been carried forward.

I would contact TAC as Tere suggested for the proper ES.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, I have a TAC case opened. Thank You Tere and Rob, much appreciated.

Did you find out anything from TAC?  I have the same issue in a clustered environment but I am on 8.0(3) and it was supposed to have been fixed in 8.0

They are having me run some traces for them, but the problem is my user with the affected message is on vacation and wont be back until April. So before I run the traces to send to TAC I need her to try and play the message. You should open a TAC case too. I have a feeling that when she gets back from vacation she may say that she deleted the message, otherwise I will post findings here.

The user deleted the affected message, so we are unable to run any traces. If anyone finds the solution to this, please post in case this comes up again. Thanks!

I have a user with two messages in their inbox that they are unable to listen to.   I was able to drill through the database and discoverd that the .wav files were really there, but I wasn't able to download the wave files from the database.    (Just not sure what the command would be to complete that action .)   If I can get ahold of the user I'll see what happens if they try retreving the messages vai the PCA.   Also I'll try seeing if the DRS Message Fisher can help me out any too...   If I get any real resolution I'll follow up. 

My situation is a bit different (My CUC cluster is running 7.1.2) so my assumed fix is to upgrade to the ES.

NickParece
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Thanks for documenting this issue here. It helped me figure out what was happening and expedite my TAC case. For our environment, it was actually CSCtl94104. The bug below really doesn't describe the symptom, but it does describe what's going on under the hood. It's addressed by various ES's depending on which affected version you are on. Remember that there are a couple of trains of code at play here... just because it's fixed on a version of 8.0.3, it doesn't mean it's fixed in all version of 8.5.1.

As for the workaround before you install the ES, you don't need to reboot the server. Fail it over to the subscriber and fail back. It should fix it. The issue seemes to be a replication service. This has fixed it for me, until I add more users the way that I was before.

Specifically for the environment that I am working in, this occurred when I was attempting to login to the mailbox of a user who was migrated via COBRAS and then later associated to LDAP. Then subsciber tries to login for the first time. Ports are configured on UCM to hit subscriber first and then publisher.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtl94104

CSCtl94104 Bug Details

CuFileSync process crashed and locked up  DBEventPublisher service
Symptom:

CuFileSync process crashed with  following traceback.

#0 0x006daabd in std::vector< CCsPerfData*,  std::allocator< CCsPerfData*> >::begin () from  /opt/cisco/connection/lib/libCsPerfAPI.so

#1 0x006da850 in  std::vector< CCsPerfData*, std::allocator< CCsPerfData*> >::size ()  from /opt/cisco/connection/lib/libCsPerfAPI.so

#2 0x006da4fa in  CCsPerfMonitor::Tick () from /opt/cisco/connection/lib/libCsPerfAPI.so
#3  0x006da68b in MonitorThreadProc () from  /opt/cisco/connection/lib/libCsPerfAPI.so

#4 0x00494393 in ThreadMain ()  from /opt/cisco/connection/lib/libCommon.so
#5 0x004443cc in start_thread ()  from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
#6 0x00a7d96e in clone () from  /lib/tls/libc.so.6
----------------

This can also DBEventPublisher  process to lose connectivity to other internal processes.

== DBEvent Log  error messages ==

The connection to Connection DB Event Publisher has  been broken. Updates may be delayed
slightly. TECHNICAL DETAILS: Polling  interval set to 2 seconds.

ERROR - waiting for multiple events (110).  Entering retry loop : DbEventSubscriber/HeartbeatThread.cpp (143)

ERROR -  Timed out waiting for authentication response [connection state = 2] :  DbEventCommon/ConnMgr.cpp (248)

ERROR - Closing connection manager  [0x80fe006e]* : DbEventSubscriber/HeartbeatThread.cpp (294)

ERROR -  connect failed. ErrNo=0000006e : DbEventCommon/ConnMgr.cpp  (203)

Conditions:

Observed on Unity Connection  system running 8.0.3 software version

Workaround:

Reboot  the server to restore the services.
Status Status
Fixed

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 7 Days

Product Product
Cisco Unity Connection

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
8.0(3)

Fixed-In Fixed-in
8.6(0.98000.22)
8.6(0.58)
8.0(3)ES24
8.5(1)ES29
8.0(3.22027.1)
8.5(1.12012.1)
8.6(0.98000.63)
8.5(1.12013.1)
8.6(0.99981.2)
8.6(1.10000.1)
8.6(1.95040.1)
8.6(1.10001.1)
8.6(1.96000.51)
8.6(1.96000.1)
8.6(1.95190.40)
8.6(0.95230.2)
8.6(1.97011.1)
8.6(1.97011.2)
8.6(1.99989.1)
8.6(0.95180.9)
9.0(0.95010.1)
8.6(1.99986.1)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: