Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5.1 MWI issue with French Locale

managemyuc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am experiencing issues with MWI while using french locale on CUC 8.5.1. While, it works perfectly fine with English (US).

CUCM version is 8.0.3. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Sami

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Armin,

You could be seeing this behavior due to this bug;

Incorrect locale version cause VM outage

CSCtq97240

Symptom:

Unity connection 8.5.1 installed with locales may experience the following issues

1.When users try to leave message ,they get the fail safe message

2.Sometimes they are able to leave message , message doesnt get delivered and no MWI

Conditions:

When Locale version ES 24 is installed on UC 8.5(1) [ ES 16] or less

Workaround:

please downgrade the locale version to ES 16  if you have 8.5(1)SU1 or use US English language.

Though the Release notes of 8.5(1)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074314/49311/851su1cucrm.pdf

clearly  mentions about the compatibility , Many customers think its good for  them to install the latest locale ES and hence end with this condition.

This is the compatibility matrix for locales

========================================

a) No locales are available for Connection 8.5(1) base version only.

b) Locale SU1 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)SU1.

c) Locale ES 24 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)ES 17 to ES 36 only.

d) Locale ES 24 is not tested for Connection 8.5(1)ES 37 to ES46.

e) Locale 8.5(1)SU2 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)SU2 only. Not all locales available as of now

f)  Locale 8.5(1)SU3 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)SU3 only. Only Japanese is available as of now.

g)  Locale 8.5(1)ES72 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)ES72 only. Only Brazilian-Portuguese is available as of now.

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have never heard of locale causing MWI issues, how did you determine it is locale that causes it?

If you change the language setting on a user back and forth does it start/stop working?

Chris

Hi Chris,

While I had English as the system default language, it did work with no issues. When, I switched to French it stopped working. Then, just for the sake of testing I switched to English, it worked again.

Just trying to figure it out, if someone have already gone through this.

Regards,
Sami

I experience the same issue!!!! You have some news form Cisco?

HTH, please rate all useful posts and right answers.

Hi Armin,

You could be seeing this behavior due to this bug;

Incorrect locale version cause VM outage

CSCtq97240

Symptom:

Unity connection 8.5.1 installed with locales may experience the following issues

1.When users try to leave message ,they get the fail safe message

2.Sometimes they are able to leave message , message doesnt get delivered and no MWI

Conditions:

When Locale version ES 24 is installed on UC 8.5(1) [ ES 16] or less

Workaround:

please downgrade the locale version to ES 16  if you have 8.5(1)SU1 or use US English language.

Though the Release notes of 8.5(1)

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074314/49311/851su1cucrm.pdf

clearly  mentions about the compatibility , Many customers think its good for  them to install the latest locale ES and hence end with this condition.

This is the compatibility matrix for locales

========================================

a) No locales are available for Connection 8.5(1) base version only.

b) Locale SU1 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)SU1.

c) Locale ES 24 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)ES 17 to ES 36 only.

d) Locale ES 24 is not tested for Connection 8.5(1)ES 37 to ES46.

e) Locale 8.5(1)SU2 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)SU2 only. Not all locales available as of now

f)  Locale 8.5(1)SU3 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)SU3 only. Only Japanese is available as of now.

g)  Locale 8.5(1)ES72 is supported with Connection 8.5(1)ES72 only. Only Brazilian-Portuguese is available as of now.

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hi Amrin,

Rob is right in saying locale version is not compatible with software version of unity connection. I did uninstall incompatible version of french locale and installed compatible version with unity connection 8.5.1 SU4. It was resolved. Sorry, couldn't post resolution earlier.

Thanks Rob.

Regards,

Sami

Hi, really much more thanks for your effort. I will try it on Monday morning and come back to you.

Thanks in ahead Armin

Hi, I stop conv. manager and mixer and uninst. the French locale and Install for Unity Connection the locales uc-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.1-16.cop.sgn and start Mixer, Conversation Manager and notifier. But MWI still fault w/ French User.

When I delete a User and import or create  them new with "german" all is fine working. So CSS should be working, no one have change anything at this point. Change to French, fault still appear no MWI. But, status in Unity from User change properly to off and on, but the light and the letter at the phone not comes up. Dialing MWI Sequence from IP Phone is working fine. I must delete and create the user new in german for properly working.

I Restart the whole Unity Connection, still fault.

Now i figure out, I create a French User with a german extension (DN in CUCM) 492631996046.... and MWI works fine!!!!. When I change the extension for the French User in a French number (DN in CUCM) 333298889988, it works not. So it seems the French locales works now, but why only w/o French number????

This has all working fine, no one have change things at CSS or Partitions!!!!!

Any Idea?

Cheers Armin

CLI:

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 8.5.1.11900-21

Active Version Installed Software Options:

localeinstaller

uc-locale-fr_FR-8.5.1.1-16.cop

cm-locale-de_DE-8.5.1.1000-1.cop

uc-locale-de_DE-8.5.1.1-16.cop

When I press About in Unity Connection User Administration:

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.5.1ES16.11900-16

Some good news, but not solve!!!!!

Unity Connection is register at CUCM Subscriber. German DN 49.... also register at Subscriber, but French DN 33..... are register at PUB. Should be no Problem!!!!! When French Phone register also at SUB, MWI Works for French DN!!!!!!!!

I remember many weeks ago we had a Crash at CUCM SUB and all Phones from SUB can not call Phones from PUB. I had already done a DBReplicate Repair and some tables was repairing and all was working fine after the Repair.

In Sum it means, Phones are register at SUB MWI works, Phones are register at PUB get no MWI, but Trace in Unity shows that MWI is set properly.

What could be the Problem?

Cheers Armin