cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 Bulk Edit > Update Alternate Extensions?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way in Unity Connection 8.5 to update Alternate Extensions? I got 1800 existing subscribers that I need add an Alternate Extension and I don't see how to.

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The easiest way to do this is to run an export of the existing users and then you can add in alternate extensions to the CSV file and use it as an import once you've added the information.  The BAT file for Unity Connection includes Alternate Extension header rows for multiple entries (they are referenced as "Extension_Alt1", "Extension_Alt2", and so on).  Take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmacappa.html#wpxref68134

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Can someone please advise what application to use when opening the file from Unity Connection? My machine is not recognising the file type and so I selected Excel to open it. All I see is too much data that I cannot possibly update easily.

Anyone have any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: