cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.51 - Caller Input

Whammer275
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request to create a voicemail box that will have both Spanish and English greetings.  We don't have the Spanish locale installed and don't have a need other than this isolated case.

Can I create a voice mail box and have the default greeting be Press Numero Dos for Spanish and then the Caller Input would take them to an Alternate greeting, other wise the default greeting will continue with English instructions?

I can accomplish this with 2 voicemailboxes but would rather not have to have a user manage 2 boxes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Without having tested this, you need 3 call handlers:

1-the begin handler where the call comes in, with a greeting "for english press 1, por espanol 2"

on this call handler under "standard greeting user input", 1>action>call handler English  and 2>action call handler Spanish.   (please note that these 2 call handlers will already need to have been created)

English call handler,  Greetings: Standard "callers hear my personal greeting (english recording), after greeting, go to user with mail box "Jsmith"

Spoanish call handler,  Greetings: Standard "callers hear my personal greeting (spanish recoding), after greeting, go to user with mail box "Jsmith"

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why not have a single voice mail default greeting in two languages?   

The message will be requesting information from the caller and could will be about 1min 30 long.  So 3 minutes would be too long.

Without having tested this, you need 3 call handlers:

1-the begin handler where the call comes in, with a greeting "for english press 1, por espanol 2"

on this call handler under "standard greeting user input", 1>action>call handler English  and 2>action call handler Spanish.   (please note that these 2 call handlers will already need to have been created)

English call handler,  Greetings: Standard "callers hear my personal greeting (english recording), after greeting, go to user with mail box "Jsmith"

Spoanish call handler,  Greetings: Standard "callers hear my personal greeting (spanish recoding), after greeting, go to user with mail box "Jsmith"

The solution mentioned by minkdennis seems to be the most logical one here. (+5)

That worked like a charm.  Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: