Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 Not Showing Product Deployment Selection

Carl Messer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am attempting to install a new Unity Connection cluster and when I boot to the DVD supplied I am not being prompted to select from Unity/CUCM or CUCM Business edition, it boots straight into CUCM without giving me any options in the product deployment selection screen.

The message "The Cisco Unified Communications Manager product swuite will be installed"

Has anyone experienced this before and has a solution?

My experience has always been with Unity running on a Windows OS.

Regards

Carl Messer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carl

Unity, CUCm and CUCMBE are all supplied on the same DVD. If you don't get options, it's because your server does not meet the required specification.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carl

Unity, CUCm and CUCMBE are all supplied on the same DVD. If you don't get options, it's because your server does not meet the required specification.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, it appears my partner has sent a server that does have enough resources to run Unity.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Carl

No problem!

I think it's probably the increased RAM requirement on 8.6 that caught them out...

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

I found this post and was very useful to me, so I will add that if you are experiencing this problem while attempting to use an .ISO with VMware, you must assign at least 4GB RAM for Unity Connection to be available. Check the supported platforms section for the documentation guide. For example:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: