cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 webapplication password integrate with CUP8.6

sarwarm123
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any possibility to integrate cisco unity web application password with the LDAP, basically I want to integrate cisco presence 8.6(3) voicemail with AD the reason why users don’t want to remember multiple PINs so I want to integrate CUP server voicemail with LDAP. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

First, there's not way you can do that, because cisco unity web application and the Voicemail PIN are manage

separately.

You can use LDAP Authentication to syncronize the AD password to match de Web APP password, but remember PIN is a numeric password, Web APP password is a alphanumeric password.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts 

View solution in original post

Yes, they will match. When you activate LDAP Auth the Web APP Password option will be disable automatically. After this, just use the vociemail user and LDAP password in Cisco Jabber for voicemail integration and it should work.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

First, there's not way you can do that, because cisco unity web application and the Voicemail PIN are manage

separately.

You can use LDAP Authentication to syncronize the AD password to match de Web APP password, but remember PIN is a numeric password, Web APP password is a alphanumeric password.

Regards

Hi Leosalcie, so is that means through LDAP authentication AD passwords can be match with Web App passwords? I am not worry about voicemail's PINs because users in our organization don’t want to enter or remember multiple passwords when they are using Cisco Jabber that’s why I want to find some way to link AD password and Unity Webb App password.

Yes, they will match. When you activate LDAP Auth the Web APP Password option will be disable automatically. After this, just use the vociemail user and LDAP password in Cisco Jabber for voicemail integration and it should work.

Regards

Leosalcie@ I have activated the LDAP on Unity and it works ok (thanks for that) but I dont know why some reason user's Phone fields are not showing anymore that means we cannot dial directly users from the jabber. Any idea why?

Fabricio Mora
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming that CUCM is also LDAP integrated the same password can be used across all platforms due to the LDAP sync, CUPS has the option " (under: Application > Cisco Jabber > Settings), using this options makes CUPC/Jabber to use the same login credetials for VM.

Regards,

-Fabricio MS

Fabricio@ I have already tried that settings but that didn't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: