cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 8.x Migration license information required..

Siddharam M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have recently migrated from Cisco unity 8.0 to Unity connection 8.5 . But i am unable to edit any rules bcz of LicRegionIsUnrestricted feature is showing as Not present . The TAC has told me that  the Migration license has to be installed inorder to to enable it and suggested me to contact local cisco acnt manager. Can any one let me know the migration license part number , so that i can contact local cisco for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Siddharam S M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Siddharam,

Here we go

Customers who have previously purchased UCSS with the Cisco Unity application can simply order UNCN8-UTYMIG-K9=, or UNCN8-UTYMIG-K9-D= for Domino customers

Cisco Unity Cisco to Unity Connection UCSS Product Part Numbers

Product Number Description List Price ($US)

UNCN8-UTYMIG-K9= Upgrades from Unity to Unity Cxn 8.x $0

UNCN8-D-UTYMIG-K9= Upgrades from Unity to Unity Cxn 8.x – Domino $0

License migration: The migration of the Cisco Unity License file for Cisco Unity Connection is not presently an automated process. Thus to obtain a Cisco Unity Connection license key, send an email message to connectionmigration@external.cisco.com with the subject line, “Cisco Unity Connection Migration License”, and include the following information:

• Sales order number validating UCSS upgrade

• MAC address of your existing Cisco Unity server

• MAC address of the new server for Cisco Unity Connection (if different)

Please allow for a 1-week turnaround time for this email request.

Here is the reference from the reconfig guides

3. Copy or obtain reissued Cisco Unity license files, and obtain a Connection upgrade license:

#

a. Copy or obtain reissued Cisco Unity license files, depending on whether you're reusing the Cisco Unity server for Connection:

#

#
Reusing current Cisco Unity server
rather than installing a new server
#

Copy the Cisco Unity license files to a network location. Do not install the license files now; you do so later in the migration process.

#

Installing a new server

#

a. Obtain reissued Cisco Unity license files with the MAC address of the new Cisco Unity Connection server. See the "Managing Licenses in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x" chapter of the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx.html.

#

b. Save the reissued license files to a network location. Do not install the license files now; you do so later in the migration process.

#

b. Obtain a Connection upgrade license, which enables Connection 8.x and is required for Connection-specific features.

http://netsolve.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug022.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Siddharam,

Here we go

Customers who have previously purchased UCSS with the Cisco Unity application can simply order UNCN8-UTYMIG-K9=, or UNCN8-UTYMIG-K9-D= for Domino customers

Cisco Unity Cisco to Unity Connection UCSS Product Part Numbers

Product Number Description List Price ($US)

UNCN8-UTYMIG-K9= Upgrades from Unity to Unity Cxn 8.x $0

UNCN8-D-UTYMIG-K9= Upgrades from Unity to Unity Cxn 8.x – Domino $0

License migration: The migration of the Cisco Unity License file for Cisco Unity Connection is not presently an automated process. Thus to obtain a Cisco Unity Connection license key, send an email message to connectionmigration@external.cisco.com with the subject line, “Cisco Unity Connection Migration License”, and include the following information:

• Sales order number validating UCSS upgrade

• MAC address of your existing Cisco Unity server

• MAC address of the new server for Cisco Unity Connection (if different)

Please allow for a 1-week turnaround time for this email request.

Here is the reference from the reconfig guides

3. Copy or obtain reissued Cisco Unity license files, and obtain a Connection upgrade license:

#

a. Copy or obtain reissued Cisco Unity license files, depending on whether you're reusing the Cisco Unity server for Connection:

#

#
Reusing current Cisco Unity server
rather than installing a new server
#

Copy the Cisco Unity license files to a network location. Do not install the license files now; you do so later in the migration process.

#

Installing a new server

#

a. Obtain reissued Cisco Unity license files with the MAC address of the new Cisco Unity Connection server. See the "Managing Licenses in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x" chapter of the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsagx.html.

#

b. Save the reissued license files to a network location. Do not install the license files now; you do so later in the migration process.

#

b. Obtain a Connection upgrade license, which enables Connection 8.x and is required for Connection-specific features.

http://netsolve.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug022.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Thanks Rob for your response ... i'll contact Local cisco account manager with above Part Number ......

Regards ,

Siddharam