cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.1.2 SU3 and Windows 2012 LDAP servers - question.

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded the first few of our CUC cluster servers from 8.5 to 9.1.2 SU3 in order to continue support for Single Inbox into the Exchange environment (which is being upgraded to E2013).  Upgrading to v. 10 was not an option at this time due to customer budget / new hardware/design requirements.  As well, the server team has been busy upgrading the AD environment to Windows 2012 and has decommissioned most of the older servers by now.

I understand that in the CUC documentation Windows 2012 is not listed as supported for either version noted above.  What is odd is that we have been running Windows 2012 LDAP servers for some time, and have not experienced any issues that we are aware of related to CUC and user imports/updates in 8.5 versions.   After upgrading to 9.1.2 SU3, we found that after importing a user from LDAP, the attributes are read only and can not be edited.  We worked around this by selecting "do not integrate with LDAP", making the change, and then re-selecting "LDAP Integrated".  Other than that one issue, we have not experienced any other problems to date.  (however I have not tested everything LDAP oriented such as BAT files).

I am just starting to research this issue, but was wondering if anyone here could provide any feedback, workarounds, etc in order to be able to support this integration.  As stated, upgrading to v. 10 is not an option at this time and the Windows 2008 servers are all being decommissioned.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It actually looks like you are hitting this bug which has a "fixed-in" version of 11.5 not even any 10.x versions at this point;

Cannot edit extension for imported ldap users
CSCuv04411

Symptom:
Cannot edit Extension of User Imported from LDAP Directory after upgrade of Unity Connection to Version 10.5.2.12900-14 10.5.2SU2

Conditions:
Unity Connection to Version 10.5.2.12900-14 
10.5(2)SU2

Also affects 9.1.2Su3 (9.1.2.13900-10)

Workaround:
On the user's page, change the LDAP Integration Status 
to
Do Not Integrate with LDAP Directory

After making the change to the Extension, change the LDAP Integration Status back to 
Integrate with LDAP Directory 

Last Modified:
Jul 21,2015
Fixed
Severity:
2 Severe
Product:
Cisco Unity Connection
Support Cases:

Cheers!

Rob 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

It actually looks like you are hitting this bug which has a "fixed-in" version of 11.5 not even any 10.x versions at this point;

Cannot edit extension for imported ldap users
CSCuv04411

Symptom:
Cannot edit Extension of User Imported from LDAP Directory after upgrade of Unity Connection to Version 10.5.2.12900-14 10.5.2SU2

Conditions:
Unity Connection to Version 10.5.2.12900-14 
10.5(2)SU2

Also affects 9.1.2Su3 (9.1.2.13900-10)

Workaround:
On the user's page, change the LDAP Integration Status 
to
Do Not Integrate with LDAP Directory

After making the change to the Extension, change the LDAP Integration Status back to 
Integrate with LDAP Directory 

Last Modified:
Jul 21,2015
Fixed
Severity:
2 Severe
Product:
Cisco Unity Connection
Support Cases:

Cheers!

Rob 

Thanks Rob...so its a bug (of course) - we have run into several already for this version.

Will Cisco TAC support the LDAP integration with 9.1.2 SU3 and Windows 2012 ?  I guess I am looking to understand how common this configuration is out there, and if there are any other issues I may not be aware of that I should be. 

Hi there,

You're probably best off to open a TAC case to see what their opinion is in relation to this setup/support. i did see this post when I was looking;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11962791/unity-connection-912-ldap-integration-ad-2012-2008-mode

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks - yes I did see this post earlier, but TAC is the way to go.  Appreciate your comments.