Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 9.1 Question

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I have a Unity Connection 9.1 , i did install and configure as Voice Mail , not unified messaging (sending by email) . the customer now wants to send voice mail by email (unified messaging )  , my Question is

- How it will be if i already configured as voice mail ?

- is it possible to configure as unified messaging ? if yes , what is the step ?

thanks and regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, I mean Forwarding Rule as the call will arrive to UCXN as forwarded via the CTI Route Point.

The routing rule should in fact be directed to "Sign-In" conversation, and the rule condition should be "forwarded station" equals the DN of the CTI RP.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unified messaging can be added at any time by configuring the exchange integration under unified messaging in admin pages. Cisco has documentation on the steps including exchange shell scripting.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Voice mail doesnt affect unified messaging and yes it is possible. Here is the configuration guide..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumgpdf.pdf

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Dear All

first thanks for reply

please find the attached files for license that i have .

my Question

- Is the licesne that i have supported for Unified Messaging ?

- how to know this supported ot not before starting the Unified messaging configuration ?

thanks and regards

You dont need a special license for unified messaging. Your current license is all you need.

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Dear All

thanks for your reply again

i have some extra questions as following as below :

- i want to check my voice mail inbox through my mobile , shall i need to configure handler for that ? and how it will be the handler ?

- to integrate unity connection 9.1(unified mesaging) with exchange and LDAP , how many account i need to create in LDAP and exchage , i have read one account , is it correct ?

- the customer wants to receive the email by SMTP without integration with EXchange , is it possible to integrate with SMPT doamin  without exchange  ?

thanks all  

1. Responded here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2238554?tstart=0

2. There is a separate LDAP integration from Unfied Messaging integration, one account for each integration

3. Yes

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris

thanks for Quick replay

let me try then  i will reply you

thanks 

Dear chris

you are meaning  direct rule , not forwarding rule . see this

my question : what is the editing forwarded routing rule condition paramters it will be ?

i have CTI route point # is 5000 , how it will be in unity connection ?

Call Routing Tables

Call routing tables are used to route incoming calls to the operator or to specific users, call handlers, directory handlers, or interview handlers. In addition, call routing tables are used to route users to the user logon conversation.

Cisco Unity Connection has two call routing tables—one for direct calls and one for forwarded calls—that handle calls from users and from outside callers. Each table contains predefined routing rules, and you can create additional rules to route calls as needed. Set up your directory handlers, call handlers, and interview handlers first, and then modify or create call routing rules for each table as needed to route incoming calls correctly.

Direct Rules

Direct rules handle calls from users and outside callers that are dialed directly to Connection. The predefined direct routing rules are:

Attempt Sign-In—Calls from users are routed to the user logon conversation.

Opening Greeting—Calls from outside callers are routed to the Opening Greeting.

Forwarded Rules

Forwarded rules handle calls that are forwarded to Connection from either a user extension or from an extension that is not associated with a user account (such as a conference room). The predefined forwarded routing rules are:

Attempt Forward—All calls forwarded from a user extension are routed to the user greeting.

Opening Greeting—Calls forwarded from an extension that is not associated with a user account are routed to the Opening Greeting.

thanks

No, I mean Forwarding Rule as the call will arrive to UCXN as forwarded via the CTI Route Point.

The routing rule should in fact be directed to "Sign-In" conversation, and the rule condition should be "forwarded station" equals the DN of the CTI RP.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris