Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection and hunt list issue

Hi guys,

I am new to voice and doesnt have much of clue when it comes to unity connection. I need to create
a VM for hunt pilot number cant figure out where to start from ...is it done on call manager or unity connection?
I know association of Vm is done from call manager but creation ? can someone proivde link or guidance
how can i create VM as i have 100 QTy licenses left and need only one VM.

Also Guys i have a  number for Helpdesk and it has 5 user associated with it in association device.
According to management they way its should work is if call comes in all the users associated should
see it on there phone and it should ring on first number then second third fourth fifth. they way it actually works is
when someone calls on that number every one sees it but rings on first number then two rings on
second number and comes bk to first number.Not all numbers being utilized. Normal setup would be
creating line group and associating line group to hunt list and that hunt list associated to
hunt pilot and if somone calls on pilot number its passed on to all number associated with line
group.

But thats not he case i see hunt list for that group no line group in asscoaited devices field and no line
group or hunt pilot. when i check helpdeks DN i see rest of hd team ppl assigned to it ....
can any expert shed some light ? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For Unity Connection - do you just need to add a new user?  If so, then you don't need to do anything with the hunt pilot or ports.  You would just need to create the new user and make sure they are associated with the correct "Phone System" in Unity Connection.  The user's mailbox extension would be the directory number assigned to them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac/guide/2xcucmac080.html

For the second query, my read is that you currently have a shared line with forwarding to other numbers in CFB/CFNA.  It sounds like what you want is to have a hunt list instead.  So you would remove the shared line from the phones and configure it as a hunt pilot.  In that configuration, you would need one or more line groups/hunt lists depending on what you want to do.  Take a look here for more information on line groups, hunt lists, hunt pilots to help clear up the options:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1064966

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For Unity Connection, you have 2 things to configure:

1.  My assumption is you're using SCCP for integration (you mentioned ports/line group, etc).  You need to configure CUCM.  In CUCM, you can use the VM Port Wizard to add the ports for CUC.

2.  You create a line group(s).

3.  You create a hunt list(s).

4.  You create a hunt pilot.

On Unity Connection, you configure the ports that you are licensed for and the functions you want them to perform.  Take a look at the following for step by step:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/cucm_sccp/cucintcucmskinny.html

For your second query, depends on how you have configured and/or what is required:

If you have a shared line scenario (i.e., a single number that is configured on multiple phones) and you want a roll from this line to this line sort of scenario then you'd need to use a combination of CSS and partitions for that.  In other words, the lines would be the same number but in each partition and each phone would have a forwarding CSS that allows it to forward the line configured to the number in the next appropriate partition.

If you want to simply hunt from one user to another user (and have the calls ring on their individual line) then you would simply set up a line group(s), hunt list, and hunt pilot as needed.

Hailey

Hi david ,

Thanks alot for your responce make sense wt you saying but need lil more clearification. Basically unity connection is already setup with exsisting users version is 2.1 hunt pilot is already configured too all i need to do is create a new vm account and assign it to hunt pilot  via hunt ring no answer option. i have cucm 6.1 an unity connection 2.1. Would it be enuff creating user on unity connection with name and same number as hunt pilot ? or do i still need to create ports ? i looked around alot for step by step guide to create VM on unity connection but coudnt find anything for unity connection 2.1....

In regards to second question the way its setup there is DN ( 4150) and all the users of HD teams DNs are assocaited with this DN(4150) Via assoiated device option, it has css configured and then in internal busy, external busy ect options has another number configured. upon checking that number is helpdesk 2 and quite frankly they keen on removing it as not used anymore.As yourself said curent method ( which is not using hunt group /pilot) is valid i was wondering can implement Huntgroup/pilot method and assign hunt pilot same number as DN 4150 as company wide everyone dials that number to get in touch with HD or hunt pilot has to be unique insense that no other phone can have this DN and if its possible to have hunt pilot and exsisting DN same number do i have to leave associated devices in DN 4150 as it is or remove cuz they are going to be listed in hunt list anyway .....

David your time and guidance is highly apreciated ....

For Unity Connection - do you just need to add a new user?  If so, then you don't need to do anything with the hunt pilot or ports.  You would just need to create the new user and make sure they are associated with the correct "Phone System" in Unity Connection.  The user's mailbox extension would be the directory number assigned to them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac/guide/2xcucmac080.html

For the second query, my read is that you currently have a shared line with forwarding to other numbers in CFB/CFNA.  It sounds like what you want is to have a hunt list instead.  So you would remove the shared line from the phones and configure it as a hunt pilot.  In that configuration, you would need one or more line groups/hunt lists depending on what you want to do.  Take a look here for more information on line groups, hunt lists, hunt pilots to help clear up the options:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1064966

Hailey

Thanks alot David..

i rated ur post as 5 not sure why it comes up as 4.5.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: